Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Electric Door Lock Troubleshooting

berry1133@bellsouth.net

I am currently working inside my doors. I'm having a problem with the electric locks working properly. Does anyone know where I can find a troubleshooting guide?

BBerry

I will try to include a wiring diagram when I get home tonight -- My experience says that most time it is the switches. The way that the switches are wired, if BOTH of them do not work perfectly, NEITHER door lock will work correctly.

What are the symptoms.

I am currently working inside my doors. I'm having a problem with the electric locks working properly. Does anyone know where I can find a troubleshooting guide?

BBerry

Well, the driver side switch will lock but not unlock the driver side. The passenger side won't do anything. I need to check the mechanics of both locks and I want to check the actuators. Any suggestions on checking the actuators?

Mine had about the same problem, new switch, problem solved! :)

Greetings Peter

The locks are pretty simple,but they can be a PIA!!!

Hot topic I guess. I`m also doing mine right now but with different results. After finding a broken wire on the driver`s side switch, I thought I had it resolved. Now both doors will unlock easily but won`t lock, Checked connectors, continuity, voltage...you name it... still the same. I guess the next step will be to get new switches. :mad

Update: After pulling the door panel off, I noticed that one of the rods had come off the locking mechanism. I also noticed that the wiring connector was in bad shape. I connected the rod back and replaced the pigtail on the passenger side. Locks are working fine now.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom