Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Electric servo for windshield wiper door?

J

jsimpson

Any one come up with electric servo replacement for the windshield wiper door vacuum servo?

I havn't seen'em but my neighboor has elec pop up headlights in his C3
Paul

I have done it. The electric is awesome and dependable. Several people here on the Forum have seen it work including 69Crazy, Sharkcar71, and TZracer to name a few.

I went to USlinear and bought a 2" pull actuator with a 75 lbs test rated at 80,000 cycles. I used a headlight door module, a normally closed relay, and some creative aluminum bracket work to mount it to the firewall. All told, I have about $200 in the entire design. That includes a junkyard headlight actuator module from a Fiero.

Yo, Myway; that just about justifies a trip to orange Park! Got pictures?

I have pictures, but you can't really tell what you are looking at from them. You almost have to see it in person. Plus, the stuff between the actuator and the old door mechanism can't be seen assembled, and I lost a series of photos of that area when my photopoint account died.

You are welcome to come visit anytime. We will just have to throw an extra steak on the grille.

sounds good to me! Photopoint was the last resting place for many of my photos too! By the way, I uploaded an Avatar and instead I keep geting a C-2 drawing. I know I kept the LxW under 250. What's up?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom