Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Electric Vette?

Sounds great!!
BUT I dont think I will live that long, and if I do I doubt it will be available to the volks!
The first real test will be the VOLT!! stay tuned.

you might be surprised....the electric car is around the corner as you say...:)

BMW just stopped their years long testing of Hydrogen.. Not really working well in real life testing.

It takes quite some energy to produce Hydrogen. Linky Yes, tailpipe emissions is good, but you have to stick energy in to get energy out.

BMW's testing provided some answers LINK

WHEN they produce a vehicle that generates clean energy that can compete with the current internal combustion motors, for a decent price (ie. comparable technology), i'd be interested.. In the meantime i am enjoying my Dinosaur eating Dinosaur. :D

:w
-Stefan

BMW just stopped their years long testing of Hydrogen.. Not really working well in real life testing.

BMW may have bailed on hydrogen cars but Mercedes seems to have kept going. MB is supposed to release for 2011 a fuel cell car called the B-class F-Cell. 135 HP electric motor, hydrogen powered fuel cell and lithium-ion batteries. Estimated range is 280 miles. Autoweek for January 11, 2010 has an article on it.

Not a hot rod by any stretch at 3500 pounds but it works. It's also 'lease only' as there are only so many hydrogen stations around the world.

BMW may have bailed on hydrogen cars but Mercedes seems to have kept going. MB is supposed to release for 2011 a fuel cell car called the B-class F-Cell. 135 HP electric motor, hydrogen powered fuel cell and lithium-ion batteries. Estimated range is 280 miles. Autoweek for January 11, 2010 has an article on it.

Not a hot rod by any stretch at 3500 pounds but it works. It's also 'lease only' as there are only so many hydrogen stations around the world.

Yeah, no HotRod, more MiniVan/SoccerMom, but i guess thats the angle they are taking anyway. Linky for more info on it. Hydro charging a Electric Battery Motor.

Again, my point was more as to how much energy (clean? well, doubt it, but alas..) does it take to produce that Hydrogen (or any other energy fueling cars)? Thats usually the issue. All the claims about Evo/Electric cars have had the issue to only 'plug' into the grid. Well that stuff comes from the local plant, which may or may not be a coal plant. ;)

Once they have a vehicle, compared to what we currently have (C6, base model) that runs on clean fuel (however thats going to be achieved), i'm all ears.. :D

:w
-Stefan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom