Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Electrical Gremlins

..... ..I've been looking at the new Grand Sport convertibles but was trying to hold off until the C7 gets here before buying a new Vette. The GS is starting to look awfully good about now - and I think the dealer might want to make me a good deal on one. We'll see.

Would that particular "Dealership" that has a 2011 Silver Convertible Grand Sport ;)

I would think they would give you a once in a lifetime deal, knowing what they did and didn't do for a repeat customer with a high end vehicle.. and the GS is a last years model :dance...

What ever happens Tuna... Good Luck!

Bud

Would that particular "Dealership" that has a 2011 Silver Convertible Grand Sport ;)

I would think they would give you a once in a lifetime deal, knowing what they did and didn't do for a repeat customer with a high end vehicle.. and the GS is a last years model :dance...

What ever happens Tuna... Good Luck!

Bud

Not that I'm aware of.

As far as trying to keep me as a repeat customer, the opposite appears to be true. The general manager has been happy to email both of us back at different times over the last few weeks indicating that he would look for a GS for us but he never seemed to follow through. No one at the dealership has offered an excuse or an apology for taking so long to get my car fixed and they sure don't seem to be interested in keeping my business. We bought our 98, 03, 06 and 08 from them but that's the end.

Just an update on the TunaSport - 6 days on the road and it's working normally still. Now I have to clean it, vacuum it, leather treat it, etc.

Just an update on the TunaSport - 6 days on the road and it's working normally still. Now I have to clean it, vacuum it, leather treat it, etc.

And wait for the C7.......:)

And wait for the C7.......:)

That could be the hard part as we both like the GS convertible - we've been looking at the '12 Ice Blue Metallic or Inferno Orange versions. The only real clear reason to wait to 2013 for a C7 is that our CTS V Wagon isn't paid for yet.

Tuna, glad to hear you are back up and running! If memory serves, your warranty work is covered by a 12 month add'l warranty, since it was performed by an authorized GM repair facility.

Also, it's my dealership's policy to "NOT WASH" any Corvette after work is done, (they make a special point of telling you this when you drop off the car for work.) Maybe they saved you from having swirl marks in your paint.
Trust me, you'd rather clean it than have their monkeys do it...:eyerole

As far as lying to you (and your wife) about their communication, (or lack thereof...):ugh

4 weeks on the road and all is still good. We're planning to take it on a road trip next month - gotta see the kids.

4 weeks on the road and all is still good. We're planning to take it on a road trip next month - gotta see the kids.

Hey Tuna, what did GM find that was the actual cause of your failure?

It sounds like they were fishing with all the module replacements and finally hit on the bad one, or they were all bad. In either case I hope that they gave you a logical explanation for the failure(s).

Hey Tuna, what did GM find that was the actual cause of your failure?

It sounds like they were fishing with all the module replacements and finally hit on the bad one, or they were all bad. In either case I hope that they gave you a logical explanation for the failure(s).

They never found a source for the failures. Three modules failed and they couldn't find anything - that they told me about - that pointed to what caused it.

Like you said, I think they had to go fishing with all the modules and check them one by one until they identified the bad ones, then they replaced them.

I specifically asked the service writer to explain why it took 10 weeks to check it out and fix it and got nothing out of him other than a 'that's the way it goes' sort of comment. I wanted to talk to the service manager but he managed to not be around at the time. Haven't been back since and haven't called them either. Unless it goes into electrical failure again, they will never see me again.

They never found a source for the failures. Three modules failed and they couldn't find anything - that they told me about - that pointed to what caused it.

Like you said, I think they had to go fishing with all the modules and check them one by one until they identified the bad ones, then they replaced them.

I specifically asked the service writer to explain why it took 10 weeks to check it out and fix it and got nothing out of him other than a 'that's the way it goes' sort of comment. I wanted to talk to the service manager but he managed to not be around at the time. Haven't been back since and haven't called them either. Unless it goes into electrical failure again, they will never see me again.

Sorry to hear about them not finding the cause. That particular problem, and time spent to repair, deserves a thorough explanation.

Enjoy the ride, at least it sounds like the problem was repaired. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom