Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Electrical Gremlins

Tuna

Any news yet? I have a 2005 and this happened to me last week 40 miles from home. First, service active handling, service engine soon, abs warning, shocks inoperative, low fuel, then gauges back to zero. Car would still rum but great loss of power, pulled over and shut it off. Restarted it and everything was normal, drove 40 miles back home and have driven it again with no problems. Hope they find your problem.

HI there,

While c6 is tough to diagnose, I think this is just ludicrous.

IF YOU DUPLICATE IT< DONT TOUCH NOTHING UNTIL YOU SCAN

WHAT PART OF THAT DOESNT ANYONE GET ?????

Plug in the Tech 2 or Tech 2 WIN, laptop based and just start reading data. I mean, BE PREPARED.

I agree with BUD, that is totally unacceptable in everyway.

If you had a lightning strike, then I would want to know many things but if its there and then its not, can the strike correlate anything ???

I believe its coincidence.

Be prepared, look at it carefully and dont disturb anything until you scan to see what is going on !!!!!!

You can see if the fobs are detected, the BCM is allowing vehicle start and if any modules are not communicating.

Allthebest, c4c5

Still in the shop. Scanning has returned "nothing" everrytime - at least that's what the service writer and service manager tell me.

Lightening - coincidence that my house was hit and the car went stupid. No one can find any hint of lightening damage so my insurance company is not interested. The dealership is treating it as a warrantee issue. The problem seems to be that they don't know where to start since the scan tool isn't telling them where to look. They do not seem to be inclined to just swap parts an hope they find where the problem is.

Chevrolet Customer Assistance hasnot been of any help either. My case worker can't keep the dates straight in the voice messages he leaves me. He appears to call the service department once a week to ask how it going and then he calls me to tell me the same thing I already knew - nothing's happening.

Looks like I'm driving to Bowling Green next week for the NCM Celebration with my old Vette.

After that, I'll be looking for an attorney to talk with GM and my dealer about the car. I hate to involve lawyers in this but something got to give and soon.

My dealer did provide me with a 2011 Malibu to drive in the meantime but that ain't a Vette.

Can't trade a non-running Vette in on a new one and can't sell it either.

Lightening - coincidence that my house was hit and the car went stupid. No one can find any hint of lightening damage so my insurance company is not interested. The dealership is treating it as a warrantee issue. The problem seems to be that they don't know where to start since the scan tool isn't telling them where to look. They do not seem to be inclined to just swap parts an hope they find where the problem is.

Did I hear "LIGHTNING"?~?? :D

Been There,Done That!~!! :hb
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/c4-general-discussion/116719-vette-struck-lightning.html

Everything going Wacky,Can't Retrieve Codes?~?? :ugh:ugh:ugh

I'll give them a hint.....................
grounds,Grounds,GROUNDS.................
High Resistance or Non-Existent Grounds make Electronics do weird Sh*t!~!!:thumb:thumb:thumb

Lightning and St Elmo's Fire will go striate to the grounds!~!!
Betcha got some Cooked Ones!~!! ;)

Have them Inspect,Clean/Repair ALL grounds and go from there!:thumb

I mean "ALL",Every Frigging One!~!!! :D

I've mentioned that to them but they don't seem to be listening to me which is why I'm looking for a lawyer to talk to them.

Anyone interesting in a 2008 convertible "parts" car?

6 1/2 weeks at the dealership - still not fixed. 2 weeks into its stay, I contacted Chevrolet Customer Assistance for "assistance". That didn't get me much but a guy that would not actually do anything until he and I talked personally. This was after I passed on everything to a lady that first took my information. So, 2 days later, the CA guy and I finally talk (neither the lady nor the CA guy's phone messages tell me that nothing would happen until I personally talked with him!). Anyway, he has all the lady's notes and I have nothing to add. So, the CA guy finally calls my dealership to see what's up.

4 weeks later, the CA guy decides that it's been there long enough to ask for a regional tech rep to come out and check the car. The regional guy is supposed to be here today to look at my car - 6 1/2 weeks into the stay at the dealership.

Along the way, I send email to Chevrolet via their Website. That got me a nice email back saying that they had contacted my CA guy and he would get back in touch with me. Yea Ha! So, now I get calls from the CA guy 2 or 3 times a week to tell me that nothing is happening, which I already know because I talk to my dealership also.

Maybe I'll know something new later today.

Good thing I have 2 Vettes in the garage because the wife and I are headed for Bowling Green Monday for the Labor Day event, along with the Caravan Captains from Southern California and Arizona (route pre-run). We'll be driving the older Vette instead.

I gota tell you Tuna, you are a lot more patient than me..

By now I would be contacting The General and asking who I should be contacting from them to evoke the LEMON LAW :dance I would think that would get a rise out of them... sometimes special circumstance's demand special actions ;)

I'm interested if the dealer you have your Corvette at is the Dealer you ordered it from or bought it from.. Knowing you, I would think it was a Museum Delivery :D

Good Luck, worst comes to worst you can always borrow RARE or ABBY for the NCM Caravan :Steer, you can get pick one, when you are here next year ;)

Bud

I gota tell you Tuna, you are a lot more patient than me..

By now I would be contacting The General and asking who I should be contacting from them to evoke the LEMON LAW :dance I would think that would get a rise out of them... sometimes special circumstance's demand special actions ;)

I'm interested if the dealer you have your Corvette at is the Dealer you ordered it from or bought it from.. Knowing you, I would think it was a Museum Delivery :D

Good Luck, worst comes to worst you can always borrow RARE or ABBY for the NCM Caravan :Steer, you can get pick one, when you are here next year ;)

Bud

Remember, my wife is an attorney and she does a good job keeping me in check on this.

She checked the Oklahoma Lemon Law and it only applies in the first 12 months. After that, we have to deal with a different set of rules.

I bought the Vette at this dealership - and 3 others there. There have been some circumstances that got in the way of getting something done on my car. Part of the problem is the warrantee rules will not let them throw parts at the car without a good (scan tool) reason which, of course my car isn't providing them.

By the 2014 National Caravan, we'll have a new C7 to drive - or a newer C6 for sure. Right now, we're stuck with the old '06 Vette which keeps on keeping on. Thanks for the offer on RARE and ABBY though.

Hi... I also have an 05 Z51 SunSet O... Same thing happened to mine. Have had it to dealers over the past year and a half. They have found nothing... I can drive it and it will show up from 10 to up to 1200 miles (the longest it took to go out). One time it went out and I drove it straight to the dealer. He put a hand held reader on it. Shut it off. Said they would let me know... 4 weeks later...nothing. Started checking grounds and all connections, battery, voltage ect. Reading a lot of forums... Will let you know if I find anything...Fegs​

Hi... I also have an 05 Z51 SunSet O... Same thing happened to mine. Have had it to dealers over the past year and a half. They have found nothing... I can drive it and it will show up from 10 to up to 1200 miles (the longest it took to go out). One time it went out and I drove it straight to the dealer. He put a hand held reader on it. Shut it off. Said they would let me know... 4 weeks later...nothing. Started checking grounds and all connections, battery, voltage ect. Reading a lot of forums... Will let you know if I find anything...Fegs​

Thanks.
I'm probably going to file for arbitration and ask for a replacement car or what the car would be worth if it actually worked.

Hi... It happened again... Plugged in a DiabloSport Predator U7191... It gave me a U0001 code... and said, FUEL VOLUME REGULATOR CONTROL CIRCUT OPEN... Cleared the code and drove the Vette for 130 miles and it happened again. Same code. Cleared the code again and it runs like new. Still looking for another dealer to see if they know what they are doing... Any suggestions welcome... Thanx Fegs..

There are 9 or 10 "modules" in the C6 and everyone of them in my car appear to have died! My dealer has replaced all but 3 so far and the car has started to wake up in increments. The last 3 modules are to be delivered this Thursday. Maybe it will be alive again on Friday.

In the mean time we did file a BBB claim. If they get the car fixed, the BBB claim may be moot. We'll just have to see.

Tuna, you may have to replace all the modules at the same time. This way, any modules that are corrupt, can not effect healthy modules. This is like a "flood" car, it seems. Hope you get it working soon.

(If you car takes a HUGE VOLTAGE SURGE again, you gotta rename your car "Lee Trevino!"):chuckle

Tuna, you may have to replace all the modules at the same time. This way, any modules that are corrupt, can not effect healthy modules. This is like a "flood" car, it seems. Hope you get it working soon.

(If you car takes a HUGE VOLTAGE SURGE again, you gotta rename your car "Lee Trevino!"):chuckle

My previous silver car blew up twice and got the name "NIGHTMARE" - one thing about engines, I was pretty confident that the crate motor fixed all the engine problems with NIGHTMARE so we kept the car for a couple of more years.

This one may be "NIGHTMAR 2."

The way I understand it is that each module is being replaced one at a time trying to see if they can locate where the problem started and that the new modules are left in place as they go. I certainly hope that one of the last 3 modules does not corrupt all the new ones. When I get it back, I hope I will be confident that it's fixed.

Well, the dealership called the wife today to say that my car is running and driving again. They will keep the car for a couple more days and drive it to make sure it doesn't go stupid again. Tomorrow is 10 weeks in the shop and they replaced every module in the car - at least that's what I hear. Once I get it back, I have to decide whether I can trust it.

I've been looking at the new Grand Sport convertibles but was trying to hold off until the C7 gets here before buying a new Vette. The GS is starting to look awfully good about now - and I think the dealer might want to make me a good deal on one. We'll see.

Got the car back on Thursday. The service writer left a message on my wife's cell phone that morning to say we could come pick it up. I drove down there with their loaner and took a look at the car. 10 weeks of dirt and dust on the car - they didn't care to clean it up for me. It let me in and it started and everything appeared to work. Had to reset the memory function stuff - no surprize there. I got low tire pressure messages for all 4 tires. 10 weeks ago, the temp was 100+, Thursday it was 80+. They didn't feel the need to add a little air in the tires either.

Asked why it took 10 weeks and got almost zero explanation from the writer (service manager was "out" with a customer). Basically, they tested every module and only found 3 bad - which they replaced the week before last. They wanted to keep it and drive it a few days before they gave it back to me.

I mentioned to the writer that no one every called me to talk about the car or provide progress reports - I always had to call them. The writer said that he had talked to my wife every day last week. I noted that my wife tells me every time they call and that she had only been called on Monday and Thursday. The writer changed subjects.

Test drive went well. I made them put some air in the tires and then headed for a gas station. They left me with less than 1/8 tank and a low fuel light also.

When I got home and started putting all my stuff back in place, I found a plastic box like thing under the front of the right seat. From pictures in my manual, this is a cover for some stuff in the fuse box area under the front carpet. They didn't put it back on.

I had asked the general manager and the new car manager to appraise it for trade-in on a new Corvette earlier last week when I new it was going to be returned to me. The general manager was "out" with a customer also and the sales manager acted like he really couldn't remember what the numbers were but it gave me a number that I considered really low.

Guess this dealership doesn't want my business any more and they will not get it - unless the car goes electrically stupid again anytime soon.

Drove it Friday and all weekend. Got to put the top down and get some sun. It feels fine and everything appears to be working again. Guess I ought to be happy.

Got the car back on Thursday. The service writer left a message on my wife's cell phone that morning to say we could come pick it up. I drove down there with their loaner and took a look at the car. 10 weeks of dirt and dust on the car - they didn't care to clean it up for me. It let me in and it started and everything appeared to work. Had to reset the memory function stuff - no surprize there. I got low tire pressure messages for all 4 tires. 10 weeks ago, the temp was 100+, Thursday it was 80+. They didn't feel the need to add a little air in the tires either.

Asked why it took 10 weeks and got almost zero explanation from the writer (service manager was "out" with a customer). Basically, they tested every module and only found 3 bad - which they replaced the week before last. They wanted to keep it and drive it a few days before they gave it back to me.

I mentioned to the writer that no one every called me to talk about the car or provide progress reports - I always had to call them. The writer said that he had talked to my wife every day last week. I noted that my wife tells me every time they call and that she had only been called on Monday and Thursday. The writer changed subjects.

Test drive went well. I made them put some air in the tires and then headed for a gas station. They left me with less than 1/8 tank and a low fuel light also.

When I got home and started putting all my stuff back in place, I found a plastic box like thing under the front of the right seat. From pictures in my manual, this is a cover for some stuff in the fuse box area under the front carpet. They didn't put it back on.

I had asked the general manager and the new car manager to appraise it for trade-in on a new Corvette earlier last week when I new it was going to be returned to me. The general manager was "out" with a customer also and the sales manager acted like he really couldn't remember what the numbers were but it gave me a number that I considered really low.

Guess this dealership doesn't want my business any more and they will not get it - unless the car goes electrically stupid again anytime soon.

Drove it Friday and all weekend. Got to put the top down and get some sun. It feels fine and everything appears to be working again. Guess I ought to be happy.

Glad to hear that the vehicle is repaired and working properly, sorry to hear about the lousy customer service though. BTW, who ended up paying for all this?

Is that the dealer close to I40?

Glad to hear that the vehicle is repaired and working properly, sorry to hear about the lousy customer service though. BTW, who ended up paying for all this?

I signed a ticket with $0.00 at the bottom - warranty took care of it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom