Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Electrical "pause" with starting

Voodoo81

Corvette
1981 ZZ383, Weiand 177, steeroids, Van Steel rear
Hi all:

Thanks for all of the help so far. I have a stock '81 that I'm in the process of restoring. To date, I've done the front end suspension, had the quadrajet rebuilt (runs 10x better), put in a new alternator, and just put new wheels on.

The last couple days I've had a problem with the electrical system. When I start the car, I have no power to my radio, defrost, HVAC/AC, or windows. It's bizarre - doesn't happen every time. In fact, I notice it after the car has been sitting around for at least 4 hours or so. Then all of a sudden all of these things start working all at once - instantly the HVAC blower, radio, and windows work. I haven't noticed if there's something that I do that makes them all work (e.g. putting the car in gear, replacing a blown fuse, etc).

Do you guys have any idea what may be wrong - like a relay on the way out or something like that?

Thanks
John:ugh

Actually, the electrical disconnect of all the accessory feed circuits during cranking takes place in the ignition switch, on top of the steering column. The switch may be out of adjustment, or the internal slider and contacts may be worn out.

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom