Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Electrical Problems

M

MrMick

Just bought a 1992 coupe from Alabama and brought to Ohio.I have several problems and all seem to be electrical in nature.
I have the Automatic climate control. Does everything correctly except blow heat. Do these have vacuum lines are are they computer controled?Did the pull the fuses thing to reset but didn't work.
Cruise control won't operate.
Bose gold---turn on and only get pop and static from left rear speaker,no other sound.Cassette runs but no sound.Try to insert a CD and the head sounds like a typewriter.
My last Corvette was a 1975 which I sold three years ago. Got the itch again and bought this beautiful 1992 coupe.
I want to fix it correctly but SO MUCH has changed since my '75 Stingray.
All help is appreciated.
MrMick

Heat & cruise

Recent posts suggest looking at a heater core flush to get heat if everything else is OK (Air flow & cooling wise). Take great care removing hoses from the core nibbles as they are very fragile. The expansion tank nipples are also fragile, especially the one leading to the overflow off the neck under the pressure cap. And don't put full house water line pressure on the core. Rather flush forward/backward repeatedly and keep the pressure well below 15-20psi.

A recent post suggests looking at the 'set' 'resume' controls on the stalk for the cruise. I've had two GM cars with nonfuntion cruise that thurned out to be crud in the controls on the stalk. Both worked after cleaning.

Do a search on 'Bose' in some posts about 9-12 months ago. There were a lot of them that mentioned good rehab shops.

Hope this helps.

You might also want to look at the hot water valve?
I know in my 87 the valve is in the engine comp right side two black metal tubes with a valve. Maybe yours is not turning the valve or it is disconnected? You might also want to ask the seller if he disconnected the heat. Your climate control when you turn on the heat in auto does it blow on hi trying to heat?

cruise control... might want to look at the base of your brake pedal there is a switch that disengages the cruise it could have come out of adjustment,
your vette runs fine right? so no vacuum leak?

Bose.... might have a bad head unit, There is a place in either TX or OK that rebuilds Bose. I would check to see if the other speakers are connected first before removing bose.
tom

The first thing I would check is that your heater core is not bypassed, make sure you have hoses connected to the core, it could have been bypassed if it were leaking.
There are posts about the speaker amps, if you (or someone you know) can solder components you can replace the capacitors in the speaker amps, I have had 2 go bad in the last 4 years. I replaced the caps in both and they now work fine, the parts cost about $5 at radio shack.
Good luck.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom