Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Electron Blue vs. Le Mans Blue!

Electron Blue vs. Le Mans Blue

• Electron Blue

Votes: 97 46.4%
  • Le Mans Blue

Votes: 112 53.6%

• Total voters
What about Nassau Blue !!!!!!!!!

My vote for a Blue is Nassau Blue. Of over 248K C5's built only 1039 coupes were Nassau Blue like the one sitting snow bound in my garage. :-(
Even fewer hard tops were built in this color, and about 2,100 roadsters.

I would post a Pic if I knew how to.

Hi To All,
I bought the EBM because it was the only blue availible. I did see EBM up close and personal at a local Chevy Dealer and was sold on it. With the LO interior, mine is a "rare" Vette indeed.
Blue Borg Brian 1 of 58

Nassau Blue!
corvettemuseum.JPG

Lemans Blue?

In 1969 I ordered a new Z28 Camero in Lemans Blue. I wonder if the color is the same today as it was in 69. Pretty car - I ordered it with the ram induction hood, black interior and w/o the stripe package. Very fast car - but then I was a little faster in those days as well.

Remo:cool

Hi Folks -

I went with EB....

When I saw the first pre-production 2002 Z06, it was EB and that was all she wrote - Had to have one.

ff4.jpg

zee_front_of_it.jpg

best regards -

mqqn

Remo said:
In 1969 I ordered a new Z28 Camero in Lemans Blue. I wonder if the color is the same today as it was in 69. Pretty car - I ordered it with the ram induction hood, black interior and w/o the stripe package. Very fast car - but then I was a little faster in those days as well.

Remo:cool

Nope, not the same. The LeMans Blue on Corvettes now is much darker than the '69 Z/28.:cool

C:wRVETTE

I agree with the Nassau Blue posting. Looks more like the 69 Leman's shade, which is brighter than the modern Lemans. The brighter colors show off the curves better.
When I repaint my 1969 convertible again, it will be 99 Nassau blue.

I got a very late build Comm. Ed. 6 speed convertible, and it was delivered on May 5th, 2004. I offered to pay any extra price to have it painted in Electron Blue. No luck - the LeMans blue looks great, but it shows "stuff" on it pretty easily and is a shade too "purple". Still, an incredibly awesome car - I love it :)

George

Yes, I am biased, I love Electron Blue. :D

I like Electron Blue!

Why did I buy it? It was the nicest color as far as I was concerned. When I bought my C5 the dealer had every available color in stock, so I had them all to chose from. EB it was.

Millenium Yellow and Torch Red where the other choices before narrowing it down (after 3 hours on the dealers lot) to Electron Blue and driving it home.

EB!!......Ol Yeller would have remained homeless a while longer if I could have found an EB

Initially, I wasn't too crazy about the LB when I first brought my 04 CE coupe home. I really wanted a 2003 Annie but the time wasn't right back then. Still, I loved the shale interior so when the time was right, the only exterior color choice being offered with the shale interior was on the Comm Ed, which only came in LB. So be it. However, everybody comments on how nice the car looks (blue/shale). It's even grown on me, purple haze and all.

I was a Torch Red guy until I saw the first Lemans Blue. CE coupe won me over!

Mike

akfox1 said:
I agree with the Nassau Blue posting. Looks more like the 69 Leman's shade, which is brighter than the modern Lemans. The brighter colors show off the curves better.
When I repaint my 1969 convertible again, it will be 99 Nassau blue.

Not a 69...but here's a 99 Nassau Blue Vert as well as a write in Nassau Blue vote...:w
rightfront.JPG

Big Beer said:
Not a 69...but here's a 99 Nassau Blue Vert as well as a write in Nassau Blue vote...:w
rightfront.JPG

That looks awesome!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom