Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Electronic A/C & Heater control

ToneTone

Corvette
1996 Silver Coupe CE
The indicator light/lights on my electronic control light up sometimes and sometimes not. Also the night panel lights do the same on this unit. All functions other than that work fine. This is on my 96 LT1 coupe. Has anyone else had the same issue???? Thanks !!!!!!!!:beer

The indicator light/lights on my electronic control light up sometimes and sometimes not. Also the night panel lights do the same on this unit. All functions other than that work fine. This is on my 96 LT1 coupe. Has anyone else had the same issue???? Thanks !!!!!!!!:beer
the panel is a 2 piece circuit board that slips into a socket. As they age they get loose and cause various issues like this. To repair, pull apart, seperate the boards, apply 1 or 2 strips of stick on file-label (or a strip of paper tape or similar) that has been cut to fit, to the non contact side of the male plug on the horizontal circuit board which fits into the verticle display board. This will tighten it in the slot. Also clean the contacts on the other side gently with a nail file or fine sandpaper..Do not sand/file anything other than the metal contact pins.

the panel is a 2 piece circuit board that slips into a socket. As they age they get loose and cause various issues like this. To repair, pull apart, seperate the boards, apply 1 or 2 strips of stick on file-label (or a strip of paper tape or similar) that has been cut to fit, to the non contact side of the male plug on the horizontal circuit board which fits into the verticle display board. This will tighten it in the slot. Also clean the contacts on the other side gently with a nail file or fine sandpaper..Do not sand/file anything other than the metal contact pins.
Thanks so much for the informative reply. Will give that a try!!!!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom