Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Elevation tuning...

Bagoftrix

Corvette
1990 Bright red coupe
Is there anything I need to do to the vette that might help it in this thinner air? It doesn't "sit" like it did in California when I got on the throttle. It just tries to take in air and isn't as crisp/responsive. I've had the battery unplugged as it's been in storage and I recently took it on a 50 mile cruise to see if the computer would adjust.

Is there anything I need to do to the vette that might help it in this thinner air? It doesn't "sit" like it did in California when I got on the throttle. It just tries to take in air and isn't as crisp/responsive. I've had the battery unplugged as it's been in storage and I recently took it on a 50 mile cruise to see if the computer would adjust.

Here's an interesting little tool for you. Wallace Racing - Braking HP Loss at Altitude Calculator

For instance, we lived at 5700 above sea level in Colorado. My 240 hp Vette lost 41 bhp at that altitude. Yes, altitude does make a difference in power and mileage.

To my way of thinking, your options are:

1, live with it, it affects all vehicles
2, turbocharger
3, supercharger

And, drink lots of water, don't overexert for a while until you get acclimatized to living at altitude.

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom