Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

emblems

K

kevette

Hi, I just bought my 81 today and am having it painted. I would like to replace the front and back emblems during the painting process...any ideas on where I can find the front and back emblems for a reasonable price?

thanks

Corvettecentral.com or zip-corvette.com has the best prices I've found for my '96. I bought rear emblem for it for $23.95

kevette ~ Welcome the Corvette Action Center Community ~

Here is a past thread that will help you too. Just click HERE

Always nice to see another L81'er around here ;)

Welcome aboard and Enjoy the :Steer

thanks for the info...one question, I saw the emblem on Eckers but only for the gas cap.....is the gas cap and front emblem one in the same?

They are usually two different ones. Check with all the catalog stores: Mid America, Corvette America, Corvette Central. You will find them there.

Take a few minutes and read the hyperlink provided in my first post, You'll find answers to your questions ;)

The gas cap emblem and the nose emblem are different design.. and the nose emblems are not available through any after market Corvette Vendors that I am aware of.

Bud

Forget a front enblem from a dealer, they've been unavailable for years .

You might get lucky and find a NOS one at a swap meet like Carlise.

I got mine on E Bay but paid $80 for it and searched high and low for over a year.

I guess I will just have to go with the '80 emblems ... I guess it won't kill me;shrug

kevette,

I'll keep my eyes open for a front emblem for you. I had one in pretty good shape, but I sent it to a fellow L81'er in Texas...

I'll also check a couple of my sources and see what if anything I can find.

You can still get the gas lid emblem, it's just the front one that is the hard one to find :(

Bud

thanks...it doesn't make much sense that the gas lid is easy to find but the nose is next to impossible:confused

I give up...looks like '80 emblems...also, how is the rearview mirror attached..by adhesive directly to the windshield?
I need a new mirror as the old one is clouded up

Kevin
Don't give up, 81 emblems are out there but it takes some work. Took me over 1 year and found one by chance, it was worth the wait and effort.

Chuck:w :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom