Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Engine and electrical system died while driving

You have power to both 12v connections at the alternator?
12v to both connections to the ignition switch (red wires)?
Have you made any other tests to give us more clues?
What Kpic said above certainly would kill everything instantly, but you wouldn't be able to measure voltage to your ignition switch if the fault was still there.

No power

No wires touching the headers and power at both connections at alternator. I seem to only have power to one leg of the ignition but I don't think there in lies the root of my problem? I have no power to the fuse block and need to find where any power coming into the car is coming in at and see where it terminates and then maybe I can find the problem? I'm really at my wits end!

No power

You have power to both 12v connections at the alternator?
12v to both connections to the ignition switch (red wires)?
Have you made any other tests to give us more clues?
What Kpic said above certainly would kill everything instantly, but you wouldn't be able to measure voltage to your ignition switch if the fault was still there.

I have no power at the ignition at the fuse box. I have a hot yellow wire coming in from the fire wall but not sure where it goes to.
I noticed on the drivers side firewall at some type of regulator that is silver with two legs each with its own wires which one going to the alternator that are both hot. One leg has two wires a light green and one black with white dots that each of them having a fusible link and the green one looks like it's fried with the wire being burned in two. I have replaced each wires fusible link with an in line fuse thinking that was the problem but to no avail. They both register as having 12 v running to and from back into the wiring harness not sure way they go to?

[ QUOTE=Vet Funattic;1157217]I have no power at the ignition at the fusebox. I have a hot yellow wire coming in from the fire wall but not sure where it goes to.
I noticed on the drivers side firewall at some type of regulator that is silver with two legs each with its own wires which one going to the alternator that are both hot. One leg has two wires a light green and one black with white dots that each of them having a fusible link and the green one looks like it's fried with the wire being burned in two. I have replaced each wires fusible link with an in line fuse thinking that was the problem but to no avail. They both register as having 12 v running to and from back into the wiring harness not sure way they go to?[/QUOTE]

My apologies, the 2nd hot line to the ignition was introduced in later years.
Light green wire? I don't see that on the diagram I am looking at. this Is in the engine bay right? Any chance of a photo?

There's a third fusible link near the wiper motor, it should be connected to a black wire. I can't see anywhere saying this one has been checked yet.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom