Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Engine RPO for ZR-1

Corvette
1981 HD Suspension; ZN1 Option
What year was the ZR-1 available with the LT-5 engine? Was it an option? Is there a good book out there that profiles the ZR-1?
Thanks!

The LT-5 was available from 90-95. The 90, 91 and 92 versions had 375HP while the 93, 94 and 95 had 405HP.

I think the name of the book is "Heart Of The Beast." I believe quite a few members here own that book and could give you a nice synopsis review of it.

GerryLP said:
What year was the ZR-1 available with the LT-5 engine? Was it an option? Is there a good book out there that profiles the ZR-1?
Thanks!

RPO LT5 was the engine RPO for the ZR-1. You could only get the LT5 engine with RPO ZR1.

Good book: "Heart of the Beast", by Anthony Young

Thank you all!

I will look up that book. I have always liked the ZR-1 and exploring goals for my next vette, I have decided to look into the ZR-1.

I waited for the C6, but as of yet has not hit me very favorably, so I am looking to perhaps buying a ZR-1 (if they're available) as my next Vette.

Once I see a C6 in the flesh I I'll be able to tell if I am "in" for one or not. If I don't "go" for the C6, the it'll be buying a ZR-1. :_rock

Thanks again!

Gerry,

You just take a ZR-1 on a ride out on the expressway and you'll be hooked.:L:L:L Someone took me for one of those rides and the car pulls incredibly smooth through the RPM band, no struggle whatsoever.

Edmond,

I believe it! I hear that their value holds up very well against late model C5 coupes. I just hope that I won't run into a problem in finding the one for me.

And that LT-5 is something else. By the way, I thought I read that the new LS2 motor for the C6 has only two valves per cylinder. I wonder why Chevrolet went back to the old set-up??? : ;shrug

Because of cost!

and GM power train is still bitter about the LT5 and the fact that lotus has there hands in on it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom