Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Exhaust manifold removal 67 BB

M

Michael 427

I have tried over 4 hours to remove driver side exhaust manifold on my 427
I cannot get it passed steering box,any thoughts or past experince in removing please let know, not sure what happened I started it up and had a h*** clanking noise removed value cover rocker arm lying inside value cover and push rod number five cylinder was bent, I did not rev engine just going out for a Sunday cruise, so therefore I thought I better pull head and check, the value spring is collaped, keeping fingers crossed no internal damage, orginial engine.

Thanks for any help, it would be appreciated.

Michael

Micheal,
No help w/ manifold, but I wish you luck on your internals.I have not had to get deeper than my carbs yet (knock on wood ).
Sounds like a good reason to do a body off...Ha Ha..just jokin..
Good luck w/ everything.
Hopefully you can get things back together before the weather turns..
Where in Ohio are you located? Were in Toledo area.. Jim

Confused Here..........

If you removed all exhaust manifolf bolts and the dohnut at the bottom of the manifold, even if you cant lift it up and out, you should still be able to access the head bolts. You are saying you have rocker arm laying in the valve cover and bent pushrod, getting the exhaust manifold off would NOT be my problem. Keep us posted as to what you find and if you need any more help, especailly why it happened.

I have a 66 with a 427 with stock mainfolds and side pipes.

I dont remember it being a problem to get out, cant you just send it out the bottom?

Does your car have a stud on the front drivers side? I know on my car I have to remove the stud as I cant slide it off the stud

Jim,
I live outside Lebanon, Ohio, car was completely frame off restoration by Naber Brothers- Texas, I don't think I will have it back on road before weather sets in, Friday no higher than 43, with snow flurries, yes this is Ohio,
Thanks for response

IH2Lose- Rowdy1
Thanks for the response, no sure of what stud you are talking about, only studs are on exhaust manifold where side pipe attaches, I did not see any other studs, I stopped by Restoration Station in Springboro, Ohio- they indicated to remove driver side motor mount and loosing passenger side and place jack under bellhousing this would tilt engine enough to remove manifold, I will keep everyone informed.

Can you let the manifold down, and remove it from underneath the car? Chuck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom