Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Exhaust Question, 1986 with Borla Cat Back

docderek05

Corvette
1994 DRM Coupe LT1, 1986 Black Coupe L98
Hello All,

I am curious if there is a "glass pack" or other pre muffler, that is available to put in-line between cat and Y pipes, because
I set up the car for my much younger brother, but now I have the car, back in my garage, as he decided he wanted a pick up truck, and I cannot
stand the extremely loud and obnoxious exhaust, in the photos the car is shown with the muffler eliminators that were originally on it.
I subsequently changed these out, to a stainless Borla Cat Back, and its annoying as hell, fine for an 18 year old
but my 54 y.o. ears cannot deal with it. any tips to quiet this bad boy down, without going to a whole new
stock exhaust?...it's unbearable, really. fabulous.jpg

You might try to get some exhaust tips and extending the exhaust tips past the body work. That may reduce the noise inside the car to acceptable levels.

If you have a Borla exhaust on the car and the loudness or the 1700 rpm drone is obnoxious, my guess is the only practical solution is to replace the aftermarket system with a stock exhaust.

I'll guess that there is not room for additional muffler(s) under the car. That said, you can always take the car to an exhaust fabricator and ask them if there's anything they can add to quiet the car. Keep in mind that most solutions like that will have to fit a tight space and will probably be restrictive. That may reduce the car's performance.

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom