Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

experiance replacing seats?

spyysee

Corvette
1987 black beauty, all ez mods, owned '62,'78
I need to replace leather seats including foam.
various mail order houses advertise mounted solutions.
anyone have experiance with this?
how do you know what you're getting?

The seat package from Mid-America is not too bad. They use good original-style leather and the foam is as good as GM, and it may even be GM stuff. They did introduce a two-color seat package that looks pretty nice if you would like a custom look. Corvette America also has some good quality packages. The catalog companies say they match the factory colors, but I have seen some that aren't just quite the right color.

You might want to check with a local upholstery shop to see what they can do for you. Leather is expensive, but with a local shop you get to see samples of their work. If you are concerned with originality, then I would consider the catalog stuff.

I got new seat foam mounted with brand new leather seat covers for $700 on ebay and I couldn't be happier. They are top quality. They were from Al Knoch.

check with .... the last detail....good prices.

I checked this out myself, then settled for buying "Wet Okoles', rather than changing the whole seat.

I found that all the large Corvette parts suppliers are about the same price for mounted leather seat covers-- About $1100.

The fellow above that found them on Ebay for $700 got a great deal. If they are top quality. Sometimes the leather's color is off, and they sell for less.

Good Luck

eBay, $899.00 but I got the full seats, mounted and all because I wanted my 96 to have 93 style seats....just like the look.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom