Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Fabric/Canvas T-top cover

kimmer

Corvette
I have a heavy fabric / canvas top that came with some other parts off of a C3. It is missing a piece of hardware. I was trying to find out what these are called so I could replace the missing piece, if I can find out who makes them.

Thanks for any help anyone can give! Kim

It appears to be something you would use in place of t-tops. It folds up and has a bag to stow it is

It's aftermarket. Check the major parts suppliers and see what they have listed in their catalogues. You may find a picture of your top.

:)

Post a picture of what you have and what's missing. The canvas tops are aftermarket but depending on what is missing, you might be able to use a stock part;shrug

I would try and find the manufacturer and see if they can send you a replacement

Kimmer, are you talking about a storage bag for the tops when they're not on the car?

These tops were produced in the early 1980s. They were patented. You see them on EBay from time-to-time. I forget the name of the company. They are vinyl not canvas so must be different from the ones in question.

Compared to the velcro versions of today they have factory-style mounting brackets and pins, just like a t-top. I have no idea where you can find parts. The company is long gone.

vinyl001.jpg

t-tops002.jpg

They do fold up and are quite compact.

vinylback004.jpg

These tops were produced in the early 1980s. They were patented. You see them on EBay from time-to-time. I forget the name of the company. They are vinyl not canvas so must be different from the ones in question.

Compared to the velcro versions of today they have factory-style mounting brackets and pins, just like a t-top. I have no idea where you can find parts. The company is long gone.

vinyl001.jpg

t-tops002.jpg

They do fold up and are quite compact.

vinylback004.jpg

Paul:

Those are the AM Tops manufactured in MI. I have a set, and love them.

Glen,
You jogged my memory. Yes they are AM. At one point I had the sales brochure. I sold that 1979 L-82 to my younger brother in 2003 and he still has those tops. I had fiberglass, smoked glass, and those tops. They were great for shows where the possibility of rain was 60% and showers arrived. They popped on in minutes. And they were stable at highway speeds. I am not familiar with the new velcro versions.

Both cars (1979 and 1974) are still on the road and enjoyed.

merrickville09-008.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom