Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fabrication help...

Ken

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1987 Z51 Silver Coupe
Some of you may have seen the post with the scan of my "Side Effects" exhaust system - it was pretty big, you couldn't miss it! :gap

Well, what I'm thinking of trying is running the exhaust straight from the splitter (see image below) to the side exit ports, eliminating the side weldments and sound chambers.
sideeffectsscancropped.jpg

It looks like a pretty straight-forward job, I just need a recommendation for someone here in SoCal to do it for me, or someone that has done it before and wants to build another set. ;)

If you have any ideas, please express them here. And none of this please: :booty :L

looks pretty elementary

Hi Ken,
Seems pretty cut and dried, to me. Are you doing this for more sound, eliminating the sound chambers? Almost seems to me, that you could remove them and just weld a plate over them to direct the exhaust flow to make a u-turn straight out the pipes. Or keep them, for the body attatchment, and bolt a plate between them. So, would this be like running with no mufflers? I don't recall seeing where mufflers would go.
Heidi

Ken, I actually almost did this a while back on my old vette. Just make sure the bend off the resonator is smooth and not crimped at all. If you run resonators at the tips rather than just empty chrome tips, you'll get a real smooth tough sound from them. I say go for it:D

(Who's the dude in the ragtop?:gap)

Jay

Oh Boy this sounds like shes gonna be loud!!! Giver Ken!! WOOT Lol :J

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom