Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

False Tire Sensor Reading

J

Jimmy Vette

I have a 97. When I hooked my battery up this spring & took the car for a spin the TPMS gave me a "right front tire is flat" reading on the DIC. I check all tire pressures before driving the car. Could this be a sensor battery issue or is there some way to reset the monitor. I understand it can be done with a special magnet part that costs like $50 bucks.

Unless the sensors have been replaced already, it might be time to replace them. The internal battery might be going bad.

Unless the sensors have been replaced already, it might be time to replace them. The internal battery might be going bad.

Try resetting them first. The process has been posted 1000 times. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll make it 1001.

I have a 97. When I hooked my battery up this spring & took the car for a spin the TPMS gave me a "right front tire is flat" reading on the DIC. I check all tire pressures before driving the car. Could this be a sensor battery issue or is there some way to reset the monitor. I understand it can be done with a special magnet part that costs like $50 bucks.

I love this issue. My Y2K Vert does not have the sensors in the aftermarket CCWs and tires. But, the DIC still tells me every so often that my left rear tire is close to flat?? :chuckle

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom