Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

fan shroud

D

dunagan

I purchased a repro fan shroud from Corvette Central for my 67 427/400 A/C roadster. My mechanic is throwing a fit stating it is supposed to be in three pieces and bonded together AFTER you put it in the car. With one piece, you have to remove the A brackets just to get it in and out without damaging the unit. Any thoughts out there? Or is my mechanic off base?

boerio

Corvette
67 427/435 Elkhart Blue Coupe, 00 blk/blk coupe
My '67 Coupe has a shroud that's in three pieces. But, I don't think it's original. Last night, as it turns out, I was looking in the NCRS Technical Information & Judging Guide for the '67, and it mentioned that it was supposed to be a one-piece unit, and NOT a three piece unit that was joined together with rivets (which mine is).

So, I'm looking for the "correct" answer myself. I have some emails out awaiting response, and I'll post something when I get one.

- Jeff

Corvette
'67 Marina Blue Convertible
The correct fan shroud for your application is indeed a 3-piece unit, but it was bonded together by the supplier long before it went in the car. It installs as one piece (with patience).

61 Silver

Corvette
1961 270HP and 1963 340HP
fan Shroud

dunagan,
There is a 66-67 original fan shroud on Ebay under 67 Corvettes. You should be able to ask the seller some questions.

Hope this helps!
Ray

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom