Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fast-Autos.net Forum Member Photographs SS Test Mule

From what I've been told as well, the employee is no longer working for EMO Trans and is currently in jail in Michigan.

As for GM requesting that the photos be removed, so far, I haven't heard anything, but will honor their wishes should they request it.

Rob, with regard to the "cheap interior", don't let the mule fool you. I work with a company that has been leather wrapping instrument panels for a future model Corvette. I'm not really sure what version of the Vette they are being developed for. However, since they haven't shown up in the Pace Car, the Fellow's Signature Edition or the new Euro-only model, my guess it they may be destined for the SS, or what ever name it will eventually be called.

From what I've been told as well, the employee is no longer working for EMO Trans and is currently in jail in Michigan.
An update, if anyone cares...

In the one picture showing the right door open and interior is someone sitting in the drivers seat. So there is at least one witness and possible a second unotherized test pilot.

I find the pictures are pretty sharp for a cell phone camera, I think they were taken from a better quality camera. The pictures I get from my cell phone are not that sharp.

It also find the guy has balls to take it for a spin. Obviously he's a risk taker and now a unemplyed one with trouble ahead of him. I hope the ride was worth it for him.:crazy

DOHC motor?

I may be looking at this wrong, but aren't the spark plugs going through the center of the valve covers like a LT-5 or Hemi?

I may be looking at this wrong, but aren't the spark plugs going through the center of the valve covers like a LT-5 or Hemi?
No, I think you may be looking at it wrong.
It would appears that each sparkplug has it's own coil, and then the plugwires go from the coil down into the heads, between the exhaust manifold. Take another look. :cool

attachment.php

I see. My bad.

If they make a supercharged engine, how badly will this affect the longevity? Also, an older Autoweek article says that they'll make it 6.2 liters instead of 7.0 due to the supercharger, presumably to have thicker cylinder walls. Does this sound right?

If they make a supercharged engine, how badly will this affect the longevity? Also, an older Autoweek article says that they'll make it 6.2 liters instead of 7.0 due to the supercharger, presumably to have thicker cylinder walls. Does this sound right?
It shouldn't have any impact on longevity, no more than turbos have on any factory car or truck.
As for the smaller displacement, it will likely have thicker cylinder walls, but also it'll have an initial lower compression ratio as a starting point which is needed when boosting an engine, beit from supercharging or turbocharging.

I thought I heard somewhere that they aren't using the LSx block, but the one used in the Cadillac Escalade or something like that. I dunno for sure... ;shrug

:)
I see. My bad.

GM has been supercharging engines more and more frequently lately,
They turn up in unusual places Look in Cadillacs and Buicks.

GM has millions of miles of experience with blowers,
and you are correct heavier cylinder walls & lower compression ratings
and of course low boost pressures are the keys to longivity.

Now if we bump that boost by changing the blower drive pulleys
to speed up that blower,
unbelievable horsepower ratings can be available.

no such thing as too much horsepower, just get bigger tires.

Did anyone else notice the flaps in the exhaust, like dampeners or something. What purpose would that be, adjustable back pressure?

Did anyone else notice the flaps in the exhaust...What purpose would that be, adjustable back pressure?
Essentially. I believe that's stock on the C6 Z's, and possibly even the regular C6's. They open up at full throttle for "full respiration". Remember, more air in = more air out. :cool
(It also acts as a noise baffle)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom