Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

favor from a 1984 corvette owner needed

topless82vette

Corvette
1982 convertible (not factory) stock 350cfi auto
can someone with a 84 that still has it's original thermostat housing post a picture of it for me, or if you can tell me kinda what it looks like it would help me alot, I know theres a difference between a 82 and a 84 and a 84 vette upper radiator hose is the only molded one I can find that will go around the back side of my alternator and still reach the radiator ( because I put a camaro serpentine drive on it) only problem is my thermostat housing still causes a problem & do you know if the 84's thermostat housing will fit the 82's crossfire manifold

thanks

Jeff, did you ever get the picture you sought? :confused

_ken :w

I have an 84. I am trying to doctor up a picture for you. Give me 5 minutes.

Sean

I replaced my thermostat 3 weeks ago. All I had to do was remove the Air filter and it exposed the piece that holds the thermostat. Mine was at the end with the red circle around it at th e end of the chrome braded hose. I hope this was what you were looking for. I am not a mechanic, but I am learning!

:L He may not be able to see the thermostat housing, but that sure it a pretty L-83. :upthumbs

84 intake picture

I hope this is large enough to see the detail.

Excuse the mess, this is a work in progress.

Ken

Man, that set-up sure IS different than the '87. :eek

different than the '87

I imagine so.

Try putting this intake together from scratch.

There use to be a Holley and Edlebrock intake on this engine.

Talk about a learning experience.

Ken

Looks like you're coming right along though; it won't be long before you're out there cruisin' and wavin' with the best of 'em. :upthumbs

kmc

congrats on getting it back together by the way, it sure does look good .... here is a website of a really awsome looking cfi engine compartment on a 82

http://www.hoepfner.net/vette/

does this thermostat housing outlet come straight out vertically the problem Im having is mine comes out horizontilly towards the alternator

Thermostat housing

Thanks, it's been a real pain trying to track down all the parts.

The housing points up at an angle (30-45deg)and towards the valve covers. Standard for Chevy 350

Ken

ken

thanks that should be what I need to get my upper rad. hose to clear the alternator

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom