Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Favorite C3 Body Style

raybee

Corvette
1981 Dark Bronze 4 Speed
maybe it's been asked before......what year C3 is your favorite (body only, not taking any standard or optional engines into account) ?
1) what is your fave chrome bumper model and why
2) what is your fave rubber bumper model and why

'73

It has chrome and rubber.....mine has a center gill too...:thumb
DSC01329.jpg

It has chrome and rubber.....mine has a center gill too...:thumb
DSC01329.jpg

Cannot go wrong with a '73, even Larry Shinoda agreed...

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]The Beauty of '73[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]"Larry Shinoda, the famous Corvette designer, once commented in an interview that the 1973 was his favorite of the post-1967 era because the front and rear styling were closest to what the stylists originally had in mind when this series was first designed." [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1](Illustrated Corvette Buyer's Guide by Michael Antonick)[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1].[/SIZE][/FONT]

I Like'em ALL!!:D

I like all the chrome bumpers, it's just a classic style. I prefer the 78 fastback for plastic bumpered vettes since it flows well with the back glass.
I however love the 75 and 78 the most since I own them :)

I second the Pace Car.That silver interior is beautiful.
Its not about the bumpers for me,its the view of the front fenders while driving the car.

For the chrome bumper cars I'd have to go with the '68-'69 cars (I prefer the coupe).

For the rubber bumper cars I'd have to go with the '78 - '79 cars (minus the add-on front and rear spoilers).

I also agree that you can't go wrong with the '73 Corvette; kind of has the perfect blend of both styles.

I like the color combo of the 78 pace cars,
but I like the body's of the early eighties...

'69 vert.
Why? Chrome on both ends, integrated door-latch release, four 'gills' on the side. Mille Miglia Red with white soft top. Black interior. 4 speed, L-71 Tri-power.

1980-1982 for the bumper cars.
Why? They have the most aggressive look.

1973 gets a nod for having a little of each.

if i had the chance i think the 69 to 73 have the best looking rear clips i would love to see a 73 rear clip with and 80 front end and 80's hood would be a great looking car

:D1969-1972 for the chrome bumpers.
:D1973 for both worlds.
:D1974 for urathane bumpers (because I own one)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom