Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Feedback on this combo

silver00v6camaro

I was looking through this engine combo web site that was to me recommend i take a look at. and i ran across this one i would like some feedback on what you guys think of it. It was based on a 350 but i would do this to my 355 also i would chage the cam to the lunati 268 instead of the comp xtream energy. here are the specs any feedback would be appriciated. Also would a 2200 stall be suffeciant with this cam.
Displacement: 350 cu. in.
Carburetor: Holley 750 double-pumper
Heads: GM L31 Vortecs, pocket-ported, with 1.94/1.50 in. valves
Intake: Edelbrock Performer RPM Vortec
Camshaft: Comp Cams Xtreme Energy 268 hydraulic, with 0.478/0.480 in. of lift and 224/230° of duration @ 0.050 in. of lift.
Exhaust: Hedman 1 5/8 in. headers and Borla XR-1 mufflers
Distributor: HEI
Comp. Ratio: 9.4:1
MAX HP: 409 @ 6000
MAX Torque: 427 @ 3500
here is the link to the site http://ryanscarpage.50megs.com/combos13.html

The numbers are about the same as on my DynoSim using ported L31 heads with 2.02 and 1.60 valves. Keep in mind here that with this cam, you willneed to work the top of the heads to accomodate the lift, and the manifold will be too tall to fit under a corvette hood.

So many combos So little money.

Hey Silver, remember when you see these combos in the mags alot of the time the hp ratings are at the crank not the rear wheels. Also by changing any of the components you will probably change the end result. Maybe good, maybe bad. I know that I have changed my combo three or four times over the years. You just have to made up you mind then try it. I have alot of camshafts/intakes/carbs down in the parts dept. Just hold your nose, shut your eyes and take the plunge. They're all kinda the same anyway. If it was easy women and kids would be doin' it. :D peace Bud

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom