Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Feedback on Vettes in the Valley

GND SPT

Just got back from Vettes in the Valley. The event had over 400 Vettes attend - so says the event chair person. I doubt it. This was really a one day event crammed into 2 days - probably to financially stimulate Maggie Valley NC. The 2nd day was a washout anyway with all the rain, and we had to stand in a driving rain for the awards ceremony. I know that can't be controlled, but it would have been avoided if the awards were held the night of the first day. Driving on the Blue Ridge Parkway in the Smokies was fun as was the event time/distance road rally.

If you ever decide to go DO NOT stay at the Maggie Valley Inn, the event host hotel. What a dump. It is a tired, dirty, old Inn. Also, although they claim to have wireless internet, no one could connect not even in the lobby. This is really poor in today's time when all hotels have internet capability. Had I done my home work we would have stayed at the local Best Western.

As they say, "been there, done that" - we won't be back. Before folks get upset, I am not talking about North Carolina. My wife and I love visiting NC. The comments are directed at the hotel and the event's agenda.

Thanks for the info. I just live two hours from maggie valley. I've never been to the event and I didn't go this time because of the weather conditions here. I will keep this info in mind.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom