Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Feeling the Thrill

Big D

Corvette
1978 - Frost Blue - T-Tops
Hope everyone is having a good one.

I just became a vette owner about 1 1/2 years ago. Have always been somewhat of a car buff but a vette was never in my sight, until now.

Picked up a 78 t-topper in what I have come to understand can be called Frost Blue or Light Blue in color. The car can actually project a sharp white or can drift into a pale light blue depending on such things as the sun's position and intensity amongst other things as well. I was impressed with the color the first time I saw it but what impressed me most about the car. was the interior. Myself. being someone ---what does Eric Church sing in Outsiders? It's a different kind of cloth were cut from.---well I like to think different and the thing different about this interior compared to most other vettes is: the inside seats were a combination of cloth and leather which may not be unusual in itself, but the color GM developed for the clorth inserts, sets it apart from any other vette interior, in my opinion. Hey, the nice thing about owning a vette is we can all feel that way about our car. It had all the bells and whistles of the day, AC (worked), power windows, power door locks, L48 engine. Which reminds me, on your teck sheet for this year car it mentions two different horsepowers available, problem, I think they have it wrong, They mention both engines outputting at least 200 horses. No so, mine has a rating of 185 horses. Want to check it out, here is the link: C3 Corvette Land - 1968 to 1982 Chevrolet Corvettes

I find it a lot easier to navigate and a lot more explicit information for the corvette believer.

Back to my into. The owner of the car (2nd) kept the vette in orginial condition. He was proud it was classified as a "survivor" at Carlisle. I do mean orginial which means yea, I had to replace alot of lines (transmission, power steering, etc.) Luckily every thing else functioned properly except the clock. Oh yea, found out the radio works but not the cassette. Have to replace it so my ipod works anyway.

Getting a little windy now so to make matters short. My idea of owning a vette is to enjoy driving it everyday that is practical. I am not too concerned about the outside appearance but I want the inside and the car to be in top running condition. Now do not get me wrong, I have decent paint on it now and that is good enough.

Hope time is generous and allows us all to feel the thrill!

Congrats on becoming a Corvette owner and welcome to the Corvette Action Center! :thumb

Welcome aboard. :w Post up some pictures of your 78 when you have time.

Welcome to CAC!!!
enjoy!!

Welcome to the Forum Big D. :w

Thanks to all for the warm welcoming. Hope to get some pics to you soon.

glad you found us.

You're goona like it here...

Hope everyone is having a good one.

I just became a vette owner about 1 1/2 years ago. Have always been somewhat of a car buff but a vette was never in my sight, until now.

Picked up a 78 t-topper in what I have come to understand can be called Frost Blue or Light Blue in color. The car can actually project a sharp white or can drift into a pale light blue depending on such things as the sun's position and intensity amongst other things as well. I was impressed with the color the first time I saw it but what impressed me most about the car. was the interior. Myself. being someone ---what does Eric Church sing in Outsiders? It's a different kind of cloth were cut from.---well I like to think different and the thing different about this interior compared to most other vettes is: the inside seats were a combination of cloth and leather which may not be unusual in itself, but the color GM developed for the clorth inserts, sets it apart from any other vette interior, in my opinion. Hey, the nice thing about owning a vette is we can all feel that way about our car. It had all the bells and whistles of the day, AC (worked), power windows, power door locks, L48 engine. Which reminds me, on your teck sheet for this year car it mentions two different horsepowers available, problem, I think they have it wrong, They mention both engines outputting at least 200 horses. No so, mine has a rating of 185 horses. Want to check it out, here is the link: C3 Corvette Land - 1968 to 1982 Chevrolet Corvettes

I find it a lot easier to navigate and a lot more explicit information for the corvette believer.

Back to my into. The owner of the car (2nd) kept the vette in orginial condition. He was proud it was classified as a "survivor" at Carlisle. I do mean orginial which means yea, I had to replace alot of lines (transmission, power steering, etc.) Luckily every thing else functioned properly except the clock. Oh yea, found out the radio works but not the cassette. Have to replace it so my ipod works anyway.

Getting a little windy now so to make matters short. My idea of owning a vette is to enjoy driving it everyday that is practical. I am not too concerned about the outside appearance but I want the inside and the car to be in top running condition. Now do not get me wrong, I have decent paint on it now and that is good enough.

Hope time is generous and allows us all to feel the thrill!

I joined just a few days ago and got a similar warm welcome. Amazing, eh? Here's me and my baby just before a run in the rain at summit point. Talk about thrill...
20150314_104759[1].jpg

Attachments

• Ok, ready to race in the rain (100x56).jpg
    Ok, ready to race in the rain (100x56).jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 119
And I AM glad...LOL

glad you found us.

Thanks so much Cat. This is an amazing group and the data and information here is wonderfully overwhelming. I was blown away by the presentations on batteries. Through dumb luck, I purchased the correct glass mat Optima battery immediately after buying my Z06 last November. I just knew the huge thing in it was going to be a problem and wipe out that expensive computer right below!

Looking forward to giving and receiving here. Keep the shiny side up!

Big D,
Welcome to CAC and the group.

I'm a former Marylander, sorta between the Hagerstown and Frederick in the Catoctins
. :thumb

Man,
For a moment, I thought I was driving my vette. Love that feeling. :L Then I realized the feeling I was experiencing was contagious and everyone here is infected.:L

Wow, you guys are a lightyear away from where I am but I certainly can appreciate where your coming from. Great rides.

Heading out on vacation with the lady of my dreams, to Sedona. Beautiful our there.

Hold on to the feeling guys.

Welcome to Corvette Action Center and Congratulations

:welcome

-Bill

Man,
For a moment, I thought I was driving my vette. Love that feeling. :L Then I realized the feeling I was experiencing was contagious and everyone here is infected.:L

We belong to the Corvettes Addict Club.
The addiction comes in many forms, touring, Auto-X, road racing, drag racing or just enjoying a drive to the store. She commented almost all Corvette owners speed up when entering a curve.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom