Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Few photos of custom hood

oceangal

Corvette
1982 silver/claret
Hello All. Its been a long time since I have been around and things have been crazy with life. I hope you are all well :)

The body work is coming along. My poor husband. He has worked not only so hard at work but tireless hours on my car. I am having surgery on June 1 and I said I wanted to drive the car at least one time before then and bring my son to school in it this Friday. Its going to be close! It will have primer on it but I don't care I just want to drive her!

So here is the underside of the custom L88 hood for my crossfire. Its about 80% done (I think) What can I say I maybe biased but I think my husband is a genius & wait until you see the other side! Not sure what color the car or the underside of the hood will be - time will tell!

corvettecustomhoodcfi.jpg

corvettecustomhoodcfi2.jpg

That is really looking good. Hope the surgery goes well and you're back to 125% real soon.'

Very cool. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Good luck with your surgery and recuperation.

...I said I wanted to drive the car at least one time before then and bring my son to school in it this Friday. Its going to be close! It will have primer on it but I don't care I just want to drive her!
corvettecustomhoodcfi2.jpg
I understand your excitement, but do not rush it, especially the paint!!! Right before painting and right after are critical times for the car if you want a nice finished product. You'll be quite upset if you rush to drive the car before it's ready and end up causing some anomaly in the surface or paint/primer. A great number of us know the excitement you're feeling. An unfortunate few of us also know what can happen in the long term for a little instant gratification. :eyerole
You've waited this long, what's a bit more? And there's plenty more school to take place (I'm assuming). :thumb

Best of luck with your surgery!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom