Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fibre Roof Eating my Brand new Seals..

BigRed

Corvette
1985 Bright Red Rocket
I admit I take the roof off offen. But WOW on the rear seal (Along the roll pillar) its gradually getting chewed away, it looks like the roof is rubbing on it.

I also noticed a problem with the lock down bolts..They are coming lose quite offen, sometimes in mid flight I have to tighten them down.

I probably just answered my own question but now how do I make the bolts stop loosening off aside from LOCTITE. Are they pooched and I need new ones mabe?:mad :crazy

Just lookin' for posts with no replies...

Red, use a good silcone conditioner on the seals. The bolts shouldn't stretch or anything, and the holes shouldn't be a problem unless someone (maybe a lumberjack seeing as how you're from the "Great White North" :L) over-tightened the hell out of them. Check all your harware to be sure it is securely fastened, and when you put the top on, tighten them pretty snug. I hunker down on mine pretty good and have never had a problem. ;)

Honestly surfer boy :)L ) I HAVE to tighten them ALL the way till the threads stop, or it wobbles SEVERE!

Im taking it thats not normal then...

And yes the Seals and the roof itself and the Roll pillar are brand new. (So its not sitting down more because of crushed seals)

BigRed said:
Honestly surfer boy... :L

:L I have the ocean right outside my window (two blocks away) and I haven't even been on the beach in years, let alone in the water. :L

_ken :w

I know! I live two blocks away from the ocean here in Ocean Beach (San Diego) and I havent seen it in months! The street I live on turns into the longest fishing pier on the West coast. Really quite beatifull. Shame I take it for granted.

evolution said:
Shame I take it for granted.

I probably am just as guilty of that offense. But every time I look out my window, I'm reminded of just how lucky I am. ;)

_ken :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom