Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

FIC injector advice

strokin383-c4

Corvette
1986 Black Z-51 Coupe
Im looking to go FIC injectors, where did you get yours, how much did you pay? And what Brand did you go and why?

Im currently running Accel Multec's

Just yell at Jon at FIC Injectors. He will know more about what you need than anyone and can hook you up with some really good deals. Oorah!!

Just yell at Jon at FIC Injectors. He will know more about what you need than anyone and can hook you up with some really good deals. Oorah!!

Rgr that Gunny! Oohrah

I have the Bosch III design injectors in my 96 LT4. These are brand new injectors which Jon modified to flow the exact amount of fuel that my Multecs flowed. The LT4 injectors were a one year injector because the LT4 engine was only in the Corvette for 1996.

You can read about my experience here: http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...injectors-work-awesome-caution-long-read.html

Jon and FIC are the BEST!

After purchasing your injectors from FIC, be sure to SAVE the WAVE! :w

Most of us can only speak about the experience we have and the knowledge gained by use of the internet. I build about 8-12 engines a year. Some are raced while others will fall into the "hot street" category. I will rarely speak in absolutes and will not belittle anyones products until they have burned me. An example of an absolute would be:

The best injectors on the market...but, admittedly, not the least expensive...are sold by RC Engineering.

While I have used the RC injectors successfully I have also used others with success also. For cleaning and "rebuilding" I do use Jon at FIC. He charges about $15.00 each to do an injector. That includes new filter screen, ultrasonic cleaning and a spray pattern and balance test. I get a sheet showing the flow rates and balance. I've never seen a set returned to me with more than a 2% variance. RCEngineering also has sent me injectors that were the equal but they charged about $24-$28.50 each. In terms of cost vs results RC charges nearly double for essentially the same cleaning service.

We all should know that for fuel to be burned it should be vaporized. The finer the atomization pattern the better the burn will be. Many have touted the Lucas rotating disc as a boon but, from my observation, the Bosch type III seems to do a better job. I don't concern myself with cost and I would spend the extra for a better product if there were a benefit. Here is a video that compares the Bosch III's, the Lucas spinning dic and the Multec's. Bosch on the left, Lucas in the center and the Multec's on the right.

It doesn't take a real good set of eyes to see that the Bosch have, by far, the most atomization. That would indicate to me that they will make more power because of a better burn.
Here's the video and as the speaker says, judge for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oTirEZNRw8

I'm not implying that any one is better overall than the others but would rather the viewer make their own decision. I'm only supplying the information to assist in that decision.
It's also true that all the vendors that I've dealt with were helpful, informative, polite and knowledgeable. Jon is not the only one and I would never say anything like that. I do believe that from my personal experience I have no reason to shop anywhere else. I like to save a dollar and pass the savings on to my customers. It's not a big savings but it might buy something shiny for the top of the engine. Of course, as always, this is just IMHO.:beer

No disagreement there but in 15 years I have never seen a supplier get such good " unsolicited" feedback for product and service.
Jon got a hard time when he 1st came to notice on Corvette Forum because nobody beleived a " rebuilt" injector at the price
he was selling could perform as well as he claimed.
He put his $$ on the table by sending free sets out to the skeptics, money only payable if they performed as he stated
As they say " the proof was in the pudding" and he has a big cheer squad now.
I will continue to promote him if only on the basis of a man prepared to front up and stand behind the product he sells
instead of the lame excuses offered by many other,often larger sellers ( of all motor products )
when their product fails to perform as expected or claimed

.....what he said. :thumb

It was said in a previous post that "John modified" a set of Bosch III injectors to flow the same amount as a previous set of Multecs. My responses to that are three:
1) How does John "modify" those injectors?
2) If the Bosch III design is so good, why isn't it available in a drop-in fit unit, ie: it doesn't have to be modified.
3) What is the flow spread of a set of eight of those injectors from FIC?

Lastly...while I agree with "vetteoz" that the level of support FIC gives customers is a good thing, FIC is not the only injector vendor on the market who offers good service and to imply that is a distortion of fact.

For the answer to #1 and #2 above, please see Post #7 in this thread: New LT4 Injectors Are IN!! [lots-o-pics] - Corvette Forum

In response to your last statement I have the following to say: After having over forty (40) years in the automotive industry (Wrenching on cars & trucks, foreign & domestic) I can attest that Jon and Fuel Injector Connection offers GREAT service. I have not found one (1) other vendor who even comes close. I am not implying anything. I am stating the facts as I see them.

After dealing with Jon, please be sure to SAVE the WAVE! :w

FIC:BOW

I also using a set in my 1986 with 383 I can say they are great.

I been thinking of putting new injectors in my SUV if I do it be a set from FIC.:thumb

Ooops.
Wrong thread to post a different viewpoint in re: injectors or to ask some questions.

Sorry about that guys!

Let's keep this one focused on FIC!

Hib, don't ever apologize for helping out with a question. Your knowledge has been extremely helpful to many people including me. I've heard all the hype about the disc type injectors also and decided to do some searching on my own. That's when I found this video.

comparison of Lucas type disc injector to Bosch design III to the stock GM multec. - YouTube

Most will agree that atomization is the key to power and smoothness and I think the video shows that the Lucas disc injectors clearly do not disperse the fuel as well as the Bosch design III.

Would you mind watching the video (in the interest of research) and giving one of your valued technical opinions? Thanks and have a great day ---Gunny---

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom