Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Finally got my first Vette!!!!

WantaVette

Corvette
Torch Red LT4 Coupe
Well, after about 2 years or wanting, dreaming,and saving, I finally got my first vette. I had my mustang in the autotrader for about two weeks with no calls, and had the vette net looking for a car for me when last sunday night I came across a Torch Red, blk leather 96 LT4 with 67000 miles on sale for $14950! It was at an upscale used acura dealer in fort lauderdale. Well I spoke with the sales guy that night and drove down Monday morning. After a 30 min test drive with everything seeming perfectly fine, we did the paper work. To make a long day and story short, I drove off at 9:00 p.m. in my first corvette on my 3 hour ride home. Needless to say the ride back was much better than the ride there. I was very lucky I went when I did because 2 hours after I got there two guys came with cash in hand ready to buy the car.
This car is like a dream come true for me. After about a year of talking about it and hearing people say there's no way I'll ever get a vette I finally did it. I am a 19 year old college student and while I had to finance the car, I will have a big smile on my face every month when I write that check because I know I am paying for my own corvette. No parent help here. Any way, Its been nearly a week now and I am only loving the car more and more. It only has a few issues, needs new tires, passenger door only opens from inside, right side low beam light out, and a few minor paint nicks here and there. But every time I walk outside my car takes my breath away and I just cant stop smiling. I just wanted to vent some of my exhilaration and maybe some opinions and ideas about the car. I guess I need to change my forum name now.

Congrats, I had my first at 19; boy do I wish I had it now ;LOL
get a manual some tools and fix those minor issues yourself.
and post pictures!!!
Good luck
Craig sr.

Congrats. I know the feeling. I had access to the one I have now when I was 17. It became mine when I was in my 20's and I have enjoyed and loved that car since. I still get that feeling thrity years later. Enjoy and share the wave.

Thanks for the replies, I am always sure to wave, and am usually returned the favor. Cruising with the top off in 70 deg weather cant be beat. I've posted here a couple of times before but it feels great to finally be part of the club.

I guess you'll be changing your screen name to gottavette ;LOL

Congrats. She looks nice. And you are at the right place to help you with any issues. I have saved myself a ton of money by using the online forums and tech articles available. The internet is a good thing!

:Steer :w

That's a nice looking vette man and you were lucky to get the LT4 instead of the LT1, so that means you are getting a little more umph! heh. You can't go wrong with red either. I'm sure those little problems with the car weren't too bad because it is a used car. Well be sure to take the best of care to it which I'm sure you will lol. Sounds like that car is going to give you many years of enjoyment and a huge smile on your face :D

WantaVette said:
passenger door only opens from inside .
I think all you have to do is replace the good ol GM quality plastic clip for the outside door handle. The rod must of fallen out from the clip braking or whatever. Should be a quick fix with the right tools.

Congrats Yougottavette!

Man that is one pretty Vette! My first was an automatic 1994 Torch Red LT1 convertible with black interior, black top and the factory option luggage rack. I bought it with 75k miles and sold it with 132k miles after I bought my Carmine Red '98. You can look forward to lots of fun and positive experiences with your "new" Vette. :upthumbs

Enjoy - And welcome to the "stupid grin club"! :D And as I've seen someone else say around here , Keep the shiny side up!

JAG
:w

The road is waiting for you.

That smile is permanent. I recommend a visit to the dentist for a good cleaning. Congrats on the vette and kudos on how you purchased it. It'll be that much more enjoyable knowing you did it yourself.Len:w

Wow, an LT4 for a first Vette' is pretty darn good!:D

Is the light bulb just burned out? If so, you can change the lights out in 15 minutes. I would replace both sides so it's the same. I replaced both my bulbs a couple months ago, they were only $9 each.

Yes I can still remember the feeling of the first drive home. That is a feeling that will never fade away with any new, or used vette you get perticularly if it is your first. Good luck with the new Corvette.

Justin

WantaVette said:
Well, after about 2 years or wanting, dreaming,and saving, I finally got my first vette. I had my mustang in the autotrader for about two weeks with no calls, and had the vette net looking for a car for me when last sunday night I came across a Torch Red, blk leather 96 LT4 with 67000 miles on sale for $14950! It was at an upscale used acura dealer in fort lauderdale. Well I spoke with the sales guy that night and drove down Monday morning. After a 30 min test drive with everything seeming perfectly fine, we did the paper work. To make a long day and story short, I drove off at 9:00 p.m. in my first corvette on my 3 hour ride home. Needless to say the ride back was much better than the ride there. I was very lucky I went when I did because 2 hours after I got there two guys came with cash in hand ready to buy the car.
This car is like a dream come true for me. After about a year of talking about it and hearing people say there's no way I'll ever get a vette I finally did it. I am a 19 year old college student and while I had to finance the car, I will have a big smile on my face every month when I write that check because I know I am paying for my own corvette. No parent help here. Any way, Its been nearly a week now and I am only loving the car more and more. It only has a few issues, needs new tires, passenger door only opens from inside, right side low beam light out, and a few minor paint nicks here and there. But every time I walk outside my car takes my breath away and I just cant stop smiling. I just wanted to vent some of my exhilaration and maybe some opinions and ideas about the car. I guess I need to change my forum name now.

Congratulations !!! I know how you feel, back in April I purchased my first Vette. Have fun and drive safe.

congratulations on your'new'corvette and welcome to CAC!!!:CAC we are more than happy to help you vent and help fix your issues....just ask!!!!!!!enjoy the forums!!

Congradulations and welcome to CAC. Corvette is a great car to have. I remember driving the car home after I got it; it was sort of "scary / proud / what is this button / wooooov" type of feeling I had.

The problems you have sound all minor. Enjoy the car, it is a powerfull piece of fine equipment.

Cheers,

Selim

Wantavette, Way to be guy!!! I salute you for your achievement on buying your first vette, Isn't GREAT!!! The first vette is always the best cause it's the first. Thanks for sharing your excitement, good luck with your new toy and keep the shinny side up and use it in good health! Don't worry about the smile cause ya can't do anything about it and it only gets worse! Just be careful you don't swallow your ears. :D

I would also like to compliment you on this milestone from a maturity aspect. When I was 19 all I could do was dream & wait. Took me till 25 to get my first, and till 51 to get my second with alot of vetteless miles inbetween. You should be proud of yourself! :upthumbs Tom

Congrats on the new vette. Dreams do come true. Welcome to the world of miles of smiles and the Cac of course!

John:w

WantaVette said:
Congratulations! :upthumbs
Welcome to the small-but-growing club of young, enlightened corvette owners! That's great you were able to keep your goal in mind for 2 years. I have a 19 year old and he has the "I want it NOW mentality".

Patience and perseverance will take you a long way, both with fixing the little things on your vette, and for the bigger things in life. Aw geez, now I'm preaching like a parent or something. Sorry.

For that name change request, click here.

Tammy

Tammy,

I got 2 sons, 23 and 16 and both of them want it "Yesterday" - "now" is already too late... Although we are apart by thousands of miles and live in different cultures the kids are the same; they want everything "now" without working for it!!!

Cheers,

Selim

Our first Corvette was a LT4 (Torch Red too)- I know the feeling. Get used to having a smile on your face. You really need to attend the Corvette gatherings, they are always a BLAST! Just imagine going to these events and seeing hundreds (or thousands) of vettes, and everyone chatting about vettes. When you go to to get a bite to eat, the parking lot will be nothing but vettes - what a sight! Just a bunch of nice people and everyone is always yaking about vettes. By all means go to Bowling Green and check out the museum and factory next door.

One thing I never thought about is how people always want to talk to you about the car. At the gas pumps, stores, even sitting in traffic (people will roll down the windows and want to talk about YOUR car). Really a great feeling. Even at work it will be "did you drive the vette today?"

Here's my quick story about buying our first vette :http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44023

Congrats and don't forget to wave!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom