Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Finally got my first Vette!!!!

hAZcAT said:
Congrats, that grin is only wiped off by selling the vette,

I hope I never have to experience that...I plan to keep my first Corvette forever. :D

A Vette at 19...Bravo! Smart move. A C4 is a better buy than the sport compact cars that most people your age buy. Good luck.

Frank (bluecoupe)

Great choice/great find....congrats!! :D Welcome to the :CAC !!

Congrats!I think you'll find your reaction to owning the car is the same no matter what your age is.I'm 33 and my drive home was so exciting that I felt like A kid!
Have you stopped staring at it or stopped telling your self "I can't believe I have A Corvette" yet?
Your also lucky you get to drive it year round I have got 8 inches of the white stuff on the ground right now counting down the days till spring

Are you a Gator!

Hi

Great choice the LT4 happens to be the best choice out there and to drive a Torch red one is outstanding. With all of my used car knowledge l only came up with a LT1/auto. That was one of the conditions my wife had if l picked one up and the LT4 only came in manual.

I think my wife drove my vette once, well that's life in the big city.

One more thing when you get some extra dineros have it dyno'd to see how much rear horsepower you have. You could be surprised to find out you are driving a real demon not that the 330hp (not to the rear) is something to be ashamed of. You could wipe me out in a heartbeat.

Again all the luck in the world, great choice and color.

Alan

Congrats on your new wheels. The LT4 is a great choice and I am leaning towards making that my choice too. Just curious from one Florida boy to another, what are they smackin you for the insurance (if its ok to ask)?

no_vette_yet said:
Congrats on your new wheels. The LT4 is a great choice and I am leaning towards making that my choice too. Just curious from one Florida boy to another, what are they smackin you for the insurance (if its ok to ask)?
Don't want to hijack the thread or change the subject, but I think our LT4 in 2002 was about $400 in Indiana (State Farm w/discounts).

WantaVette said:
Well, after about 2 years or wanting, dreaming,and saving, I finally got my first vette. I had my mustang in the autotrader for about two weeks with no calls, and had the vette net looking for a car for me when last sunday night I came across a Torch Red, blk leather 96 LT4 with 67000 miles on sale for $14950! It was at an upscale used acura dealer in fort lauderdale. Well I spoke with the sales guy that night and drove down Monday morning. After a 30 min test drive with everything seeming perfectly fine, we did the paper work. To make a long day and story short, I drove off at 9:00 p.m. in my first corvette on my 3 hour ride home. Needless to say the ride back was much better than the ride there. I was very lucky I went when I did because 2 hours after I got there two guys came with cash in hand ready to buy the car.
This car is like a dream come true for me. After about a year of talking about it and hearing people say there's no way I'll ever get a vette I finally did it. I am a 19 year old college student and while I had to finance the car, I will have a big smile on my face every month when I write that check because I know I am paying for my own corvette. No parent help here. Any way, Its been nearly a week now and I am only loving the car more and more. It only has a few issues, needs new tires, passenger door only opens from inside, right side low beam light out, and a few minor paint nicks here and there. But every time I walk outside my car takes my breath away and I just cant stop smiling. I just wanted to vent some of my exhilaration and maybe some opinions and ideas about the car. I guess I need to change my forum name now.
Congradulations, I hope you have many years worth of fun in the future with your ride!!

Yeah the insurance was the biggest surprise of all. My previous car was a 2000 V6 Mustang 5 speed and believe it or not the insurance is exactly the same. They said because the vette is an older car they dont charge as much. My company is progressive. My mom and I are on the same policy and my portion is only like $105 per month

Congrats. It took me 30 years (to the day) to finally get mine. Enjoy it and good luck!!

congrates ,WantaVette. You won't believe how many people will talk to you about your car. The waves the yells of ,"nice car" really make a person feel good. I have had mine for almost 6 months now. I drop 35 yrs off my age when I get into it. The hardes part is to keep your foot out of it. And the curves and turns just call to you.;) Have fun .
Just got my premium notice. $263 per six months. 100k-300k bodily injury
$500 ded. comp. $250 ded. coll. Didn't think it was to bad for a not perfect driveing record.Mustangs have one of the highest insurance rates, according to my agent .
The really sad part.. I had to put it away for the winter last week.:cry

:w

you are one luckey or smart guy. when i was your age i was sliding power glides out of one junk chevy to another to another and to another. well i got a torch lt4 now. it took me till i was 46 to get it. but when i turn the key I AM 26 AGAIN. good on you

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom