Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Finally, I got my Vette!

LT4CE

Corvette
1996 LT4 CE
Hi Everybody,

This looks to be a great site. Hopefully I can be a productive member here.

I just recently got my dream Vette. a 1996 LT4 Collector Edition! My Uncle had a 68 silver rag top when I was a kid, so I've wanted a silver Vette ever since. I love the C4, so it had to be a C4 (can't afford a C6 anyway!) and I wanted the LT4. I didn't necessarily care about the CE part of it, but since I wanted a silver C4, it was inevitable. I had a local Corvette mechanic inspect it and he said I could look for two years and not find a C4 in better shape. Anyway, it's a beautiful low mileage (37K) Vette in great condtion and I couldn't be happier! Congrats to me! :cool

Welcome to the CAC LT4CE . :w Enjoy your silver Corvette.

Welcome to the CAC!

Nothing wrong with CE's now is there. :chuckle

Congrats!

:w
-Stefan

Hi Everybody,

This looks to be a great site. Hopefully I can be a productive member here.

I just recently got my dream Vette. a 1996 LT4 Collector Edition! My Uncle had a 68 silver rag top when I was a kid, so I've wanted a silver Vette ever since. I love the C4, so it had to be a C4 (can't afford a C6 anyway!) and I wanted the LT4. I didn't necessarily care about the CE part of it, but since I wanted a silver C4, it was inevitable. I had a local Corvette mechanic inspect it and he said I could look for two years and not find a C4 in better shape. Anyway, it's a beautiful low mileage (37K) Vette in great condtion and I couldn't be happier! Congrats to me! :cool

Congrats!! :)

Also wanted to say welcome to the Vette family and 'save the wave'!!

:welcome

Welcome to the Action Center!!! Post some pictures when you get a chance!!

Welcome to Corvette Action Center LT3CE, glad you found us you will love it here. The members are second to none and the staff is the BEST of the BEST :thumb

Bill :w

Welcome to CAC!!!! Looking forward to some pics.....

Congrats

Welcome to the cac, glad you found us, you will enjoy. Be safe and have fun with your new toy...............................Billy ;););););););)

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! I appreciate all those responses.

I'm having some difficulty posting images though... I'll figure it out (hopefully soon.)

I'm not gloating too much (well, okay I am!) when I say my Vette looks almost showroom condition. I'm probably going to spend as much time keeping it clean as I will driving it.

Will do, thanks! (it's usually operator headspace when I mess up like this...)

Congratts!!! and Welcome to the CAC! I was introduced to this site by KANE in '07 after I bought my LT1. There is alot of information/advise here, some of which has saved me alot of money on repairs that I was able to do myself with the information I found here. First thing you should know is that you never, ever, ever and I mean ever take your vette to a Chevy dealer for service!!! They will rape you on the repair costs!... :) The best thing you can do is contact a local Corvette club in your area and ask where the best palces to take your vette for various repairs like electrical, engine, exhaust, etc... :)

:w

:lou

Thanks, I couldn't be happier with this car. I love driving it!

I noticed the LT4 emblem on the rear... I've seen a couple old posts here about how to find them, but the part seems to be discontinued. I'm curious if you or anyone else knows where to find one now?

Congratts!!! and Welcome to the CAC! I was introduced to this site by KANE in '07 after I bought my LT1. There is alot of information/advise here, some of which has saved me alot of money on repairs that I was able to do myself with the information I found here. First thing you should know is that you never, ever, ever and I mean ever take your vette to a Chevy dealer for service!!! They will rape you on the repair costs!... :) The best thing you can do is contact a local Corvette club in your area and ask where the best palces to take your vette for various repairs like electrical, engine, exhaust, etc... :)

I think that is great advice. I am very cautious when it comes to dealerships! Before I bought this Vette, I was fortunate to find a shop that specalizes in Corvettes to inspect it. Another Vette owner that I know gave them a good referral. The inspection cost $120, but it was VERY THOROUGH. The seller said that his mechanic hadn't checked it that thoroughly before he bought it. I knew this one was in good shape, but it was still worth every penny to confirm that and find out what I could expect in terms of potential costs down the road.

I noticed the LT4 emblem on the rear... I've seen a couple old posts here about how to find them, but the part seems to be discontinued. I'm curious if you or anyone else knows where to find one now?
They've become increasing hard to find, I think a few folks have found customs shops that will make them. :thumb

L8TR - D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom