Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Finally, mounted ET Mags and Redlines on 63...lookie..

1KULC7

Corvette
2014 Convertible
Well finally got around to mounting the tires and wheels on the 63...and I would like to introduce to you...my ET 5 Spoke Wheels mounted on Diamond Redline Radials...car handles and drives much better then the 2ply Bias I normally have on...

m1.jpg

m2.jpg

m3.jpg

m4.jpg

So what do you think....I lovem..notice the STOCK tri bar spinner is mouted on the hub area...got an adapter for it and decided to give it that little OEM look. These are ET Polished 5 Spoke Wheels.

Collin, they look great, and the spinners are the perfect finishing touch!
Than again, I can't imagine anything that would make that car not look great.

I told you at Carlisle and I mean it, you really outdid yourself on your car, it is pure perfection and beautiful! congrats on it and your win at Carlisle - you and the car both deserved it.
:beer

:eek Holy cow! I'm in lust!

Tom

That is a BEAUTIFUL Corvette, I love the silver !
What size ET's did you get ?
How moch clearance did you end up with (inside/outside) ?

Got the 15X6 with 31/2 inch offset....fits perfect..tires are 205X15..Diamondbacks Radials...drove it today and runs PERFECT no rub at all.

Collin,

It was great seeing and you and your 63 today...and those wheels are outstanding. Trust me...they look as good even BETTER in person than they do in these photos. If that is possible, because the photos are great.

Will be seeing you around,

Kerry

Kerry,
Thanks for coming by and it was nice talking with you. Please consider joining the Old Dominion Corvette Club of Loudoun County...we will be having our second meetin at Sterling Chevrolet, Sept 21 at 6:30 PM..Love to see you there.....Regards, Collin

Now that's what I'm talkin' about! Looks great.

As for Canada... Classic Tire Mart in Bobcageon (spelling) Ken Simkins is our dealer in Canada.

Ron

Diamondback Classics said:
As for Canada... Classic Tire Mart in Bobcageon (spelling) Ken Simkins is our dealer in Canada.

Ron

Bobcaygeon ;)

Now that is one beautiful little tourist town in Central-Ontario.
http://www.kawartha.net/~bobcom/bvpics.htm

Ron,

Will they be able to put a redline on my existing tires?
P265-50Rx15
P275-60Rx15

Got a phone number for them?
:w

No,
Only our factory here in Myrtle Beach, SC has the ability to vulcanize redline tires. Our official policy is that we do not accept customer supplied tires for our process. Tires must be absolutely brand new for our process, ie. they must run out perfectly true and not have any chemical pollutants in them. Classic Tire Mart in Canada is only an outlet for our tires to help you avoid excessive duties and shipping charges. I can tell you now, that he does not have any of those sizes in stock, as we just shipped a container of tires to his company. We can gladly build those sizes for you in a redline. Give us a call 888-922-1642.

Ron
PS by the way my 61 LT1 tubular chassis project is almost rolling and ready for a new front clip!!! for those of you that are following along at home :)

EBVette, Tire and rims look great. Do your front tires rub the frame at full turn? Was thinking about putting classic Torque Thrusts and redlines on my 63 and was concerned about potential tire rubbing. Any issues with the Diamondbacks? I've seen a bunch of bad reports on the NCRS board about the other classic tire manufacturer but nothing bad about Diamondbacks. Thanks, Eugene

Eugene,

I get no rub at all....they ar just perfect. Of course some guys get a wider tire, but I took the more conservative route.

ET Wheels take a long time to get....the five spoke wheel is not the primary wheel and they are more focused on Hot Rods then Vettes, but regardless they cost a lot more then AR Torque-Flight, but I wanted something different.

If you need more info let me know...BTW the spinners are off my 63 OEM Wheelcovers, and you will need an adapter to connect to the five spoke wheel.

Duntov-097 said:
Those wheels look sweet. I have an old non polished set on the 57'. I like the different spoke design too. I didn't know ET was still in business.

Speaking of that spoke design, I was talking to several vendors at Auburn last weekend and asked about the availability of the Original straight spoke Torque Thrust wheels, they call them TTO for Torque Thrust Original, in a 15x6 for early Corvettes. They currently don't offer that size. I was told that the American Racing Wheel rep said that they have been getting a lot of requests for them and if they go into production the first run will be right after Jan 1st '06. I don't think that the original TTOs will clear disc brakes and that's why they went to the "D" spoke.

I also saw a 1961 with TTIIs after it went across the block. It was running 235/60/15 tires on 6 or 7 inch rims. I couldn't tell for sure.The recommended wheel width for this tire is 6.5-8.5 on the Goodyear tire selector site so they could have been 7s. They fit the wheel wells nicely with plenty of clearance. I would have liked to seen the fronts with the wheels turned but it didn't appear like there would be any problem short of a heavy bounce when at full lock.

Tom

EBVette. Thanks for the feedback. I currently have aftermarket knockoffs on the car with P205/75R15 XH Michelin tires but the front tires will just start to rub the frame at full turn lock. We're shooting for Flight Judging in 2006 so will put my original 63-64 rims and wheelcovers on just for judging. After that it'll be time to personalize the car to my tastes. Glad to hear the Diamondbacks are doing a good job for you. At the Goodguys Car Show here in Waukesha this summer I won a drawing and selected the $300 Diamondback Gift Certificate as my prize. Figure that will get me maybe 1 and 3/4 tires but wanted to hear some positive feedback before I spend any real money. Thanks again and great looking car. Eugene

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom