Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Finally Solved the Bose Problem!

E

Edgar

When I first got my Ruby the Bose Gold would play for a short time before it POPPED and stopped. I replaced the head unit (figured that was the problem) and it worked for two whole days without a problem! Listening to my favorite tunes on the 3rd day I again here the POP and then no tunes.

I talked to Chevrolet, Bose, the guy down the block and anybody who would listen and got a hundred different answers. There was a similarity though (except from the Bose people) and that was to get a new system. Well, never let it be said I don't follow advice. I got a new "does-everything-super-mongo-multimedia-how-in-the-heck-do-I-work-this-thing" system installed with new speakers, command module, head unit, TWO REMOTES (remotes in a car?) and finally great tunes.

The thing I kept hearing was when one part of the Bose system goes out there is a domino effect and the whole thing goes out. Well who am I to argue, I've got tunes now...and video...and can play the IPOD...and TWO REMOTES!!!!!!!

quick question, did they have to cut the console around the stereo? The bose head units seem narrow in comparison to some of the aftermarket stereos I looked at.

Welcome to the No Bose Club.:upthumbs

What are you doing with the junk that came out of the Vette? I thought about selling mine on eBay but then I thought ¨do I really need the money bad enough to sell this crap to another Vette owner¨, so I just stuck it in a box and tossed it in the store room. When I sell the car I will give the Bose to the buyer incase he ever gets a case of the ¨I want it original fever¨.:ugh

quick question, did they have to cut the console around the stereo? The bose head units seem narrow in comparison to some of the aftermarket stereos I looked at.
There are some out of sight mods that need to be made but no cutting of the console is required. You will need to either buy or make a filler to take up the extra space unless you buy a double din size head unit. This is my original installation. I have a Sony now but it looks about the same.

Nope, no cutting was needed at all. The system I got was a Jensen 9120(?) which has a tuner/cd/dvd and mine is set up to use the IPOD and there are still two more accessories I can get including GPS. I got mine at Circuit City and they did the install. I told them when I bought it that I didn't want anything cut.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom