Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Find me a good corvette shop in New Jersey

mag01

Corvette
Mag red 2001
As a relatively new C5 owner, and the horror stories one hears about service shops not understanding the workings of a vette, I need help. For you New Jersey owners, does anyone have a shop that they can recommend for general maintenance and/or upgrades ???

If your somewhere near exit 138 on the Garden State Parkway. Check out Cartek

They do awesome packages for the C5..

www.cartek.net I beleive.

You could check out Paramus Auto Mall, Rte 17 N, in Paramus. They were formerly Malcolm Conner Chevrolet, which had a reputation for being the best Vette shop in the Northern Jersey area. They sold me my new 2002 C5 Coupe.

I only have good things to say about these guys, but my experience is limited to a few oil changes and a fuel sender warranty repair. Yet, all work was done right, without hassle.

I live in NYC, so getting the car to Paramus takes about 1/2 hour, but worth it. I won't let the locals within 50 feet of the car.

Good Luck!

I will NEVER go back to Paramus Chevrolet! (Long)

Last week, I brought my recently-purchased, 28,000 mile '99 roadster to Paramus for the infamous column lock recall. It failed three times in a two week period, so I decided it was time before I got seriously stranded.

I went in for my appointment last Wednesday, and faced nothing but resistance from the first moment. First, the service writer asked if I had received a recall letter from GM. Since I just bought the car, I told him I hadn't. He entered my VIN number, and told me the recall didn't apply to my car. Luckily, I printed out the service campaign as posted here at the Action Center (thanks guys!), which showed that my car was in the affected VIN range.

Now his story changed....He told me that the designated repair had already been performed on my car by another dealer last August. I persisted and explained that the car still exhibited the symptoms of the recall. He then reluctantly told me to leave the car, and he'd see what he could do.

Change number two...He calls me back at about 3:00 that afternoon (I dropped the car off at 8:00 AM), and tells me that some other dealer must have put in a claim for the warranty repair, but never did the work. He said the replacement part was never installed in the car. As a result, he said "he'd have to find out if the other dealer was paid for the recall work". I'm still not sure what that had to do with me as the customer! He then told me to call back later.

I call back at 5:00, at which time he tells me that the car WON'T be done today. I tell him that I live 40 miles south of the dealership and have no way home, so he tells me that I can come pick the car up if I want, and drop it off the next day. Great, a second trip! When I arrive at the dealership, adding insult to injury, the car is covered with fingerprints, handprints, and a thick layer of dust.

The next day, I drop the car off AGAIN. Two hours later, he calls to change his story for the THIRD time. He tells me that the steering column lock motor itself is bad, and get this, IT"S NOT COVERED UNDER THE RECALL! I remind him that he told me yesterday the recall work was never done, and NOW he says that it WAS. But he's going to show me some "good will" and warranty the part, and "only" charge me a $100 "Labor Deductible".

Yesterday I spent about an hour on the phone with Chevrolet Customer Service (absolutely terrific, by the way), who seemed about as angry and confused about this mess as I am. Chevrolet would've reimbursed the dealership for any reasonable repair they made to complete a Customer Satisfaction recall. I'm waiting to hear back from them next week.

Bottom line...This place just confirmed that even the "premier" Corvette dealer in New Jersey is no better than the garden-variety shop. Instead of creating a new customer, they just gave me a reason to take my future service needs elsewhere.

Sorry for the rant.....

That's sad to hear. Keep us posted on the outcome of this situation.

Sorry to hear this. I bought my 2002 C5 Coupe from these guys and, so far, I've been quite pleased with their service. I've heard a lot of negative reports about other dealers and service departments, and up to now I have been amazed at the high quality service Paramus Auto Mall provides, at least to me. I am dissappointed to hear otherwise.

I had two warranty issues and both were resolved quickly and without the slightest hint of resistance. It is unfortunate that your claim was met with such "mishandling".

I can only report my experience(s) with them, and they have treated me well, professionally, and fairly. I can only hope that they will continue to do the same to all customers, and that they resolve your issue quickly.

Having recommended them to you, I feel greatly 'bummed'.

Please keep us posted on the outcome. Thanks.

I used them back in 2000 as they have a good reputation..but when I saw a porter smash into a guys low mileage car I said..I'm done with them..

I know these things happen but it just left a bad taste in my mouth...

The conclusion......

On Thursday, I received a check in the mail from Paramus Chevrolet for $100 (the amount of the "deductible" they had charged me). No letter or explaination, just a check. I'm assuming they did it under duress.

I've got to hand it to GM customer service for their assistance. They were nothing short of terrific, even going so far as to call me back yesterday to make sure the situation had been resolved.

But as for Paramus Chevrolet.....NEVER AGAIN!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom