Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

fine59 update

jose

Corvette
onefine59
Front clip has now been bonded on and is also bolted to the chasis with all brackets bonnet is a good fit as are the doors the front guards have C channels made of glass bonded under for reinforcement , the boot area is next followed by the aplication of Epitec on the surface for base coat as was the underneath .

Looks like you are making good progress.

Tom

How much of a chore was it to get everything to match up? :w
Almost ready for paint? :D

Front clip has now been bonded on and is also bolted to the chasis with all brackets bonnet is a good fit as are the doors the front guards have C channels made of glass bonded under for reinforcement , the boot area is next followed by the aplication of Epitec on the surface for base coat as was the underneath .

Looks almost like mine :D

59 Corvette/Restoration

strzelec

Welcome to the CAC. I need to get working on mine again or I'll be the last one done.

Tom

fine 59

How much of a chore was it to get everything to match up? :w
Almost ready for paint? :D
A lot of work if you want the panels to fit better than factory, cos they were not that well built, we even lowered the head light chrome trims so they would fit better on the molding running on top of the guard which means adding glass on the bottom and taking some off the top to get an original look. the rh front guard was cut on top and moved closer to the bonnet to close the gap and re moulded in glass then made thicker form underneath so the top part of the guard that meets the bonnet was ground down to match the hight of the bonnet fitted, a lot of other bits and peices but think its all worth the effort.:bash

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom