Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Firestone Firehawk Letters

Bill75

Corvette
75 Coupe ZZ4, Brodix IK-180's, Headers,TK0-500
I have Firestone tires lettered Firestone Firehawk and was going to get a couple new ones but the lettering has changed to Firehawk Indy 500 from what I see. Is it the same tire with different lettering?? I don't seem to find any with the same lettering as mine.

I have Firestone tires lettered Firestone Firehawk and was going to get a couple new ones but the lettering has changed to Firehawk Indy 500 from what I see. Is it the same tire with different lettering?? I don't seem to find any with the same lettering as mine.
I've kinda had the same problem the last time I bought a set of Stones!!
They change the letters more often than I change shirts!!!:boogie:boogie:boogie
attachment.php

Bill,

I had the same problem with the Camaro... I was told they are the same.

Ralph

GO CAPS!
2388825872_1bb8b9ee90_o.gif

2388841714_399030efed.jpg

OK fellas, thanks. Marketing guys hard at work making us buy 4 instead of 2 so they match:mad

How's the motor coming Ralph?

Thanks for asking Bill.

I decided to go the 427 route. it won't be a numbers-correct block, but that ok w/me. I'm actually at a stand-still for now. Got hit with a load of other financial obligations... isn't that always fun? Hopefully, I'll be back on track next month.

Ralph

OK fellas, thanks. Marketing guys hard at work making us buy 4 instead of 2 so they match:mad

Hey bill did you ever get past that vibe issue?

Hey bill did you ever get past that vibe issue?

Joe,

Hey how the heck are you? I emailed you but never heard, not sure if you got it or not. Well, I took the $$$$ way to deal with it and installed a Tremec, and it's almost gone entirely. There's still something there though, lots of guys have issues with it most are having problems much worse than me and some have only had the issue after installing the Tremec in a perfectly smooth car. Some feel it's due to driveshaft alignment and claim to have actually eliminated it by changing the angle. I'm not sure that's the real cause, while it may have helped I think it's due to something else in the geometry that changing the angle has offset some amount and lessened the vibration. My measured angles are much much worse than a few guys I've talked to.................they have very bad vibrations and mine is only slight and at higher speeds only.
I guess this isn't too much help for you, I don't think anyone has a solution yet as to why some cars seem to have and others do not. My personal opinion based on no scientific fact is that there may be an accumulation of tolerances or variations in the driveling geometry such that if everything goes in the wrong direction the car has a problem.

You said you noticed it was almost gone when you changed "U" joints but then it came back later. Were you ever sucessful in solving yours?

Bill

Joe,

Hey how the heck are you? I emailed you but never heard, not sure if you got it or not. Well, I took the $$$$ way to deal with it and installed a Tremec, and it's almost gone entirely. There's still something there though, lots of guys have issues with it most are having problems much worse than me and some have only had the issue after installing the Tremec in a perfectly smooth car. Some feel it's due to driveshaft alignment and claim to have actually eliminated it by changing the angle. I'm not sure that's the real cause, while it may have helped I think it's due to something else in the geometry that changing the angle has offset some amount and lessened the vibration. My measured angles are much much worse than a few guys I've talked to.................they have very bad vibrations and mine is only slight and at higher speeds only.
I guess this isn't too much help for you, I don't think anyone has a solution yet as to why some cars seem to have and others do not. My personal opinion based on no scientific fact is that there may be an accumulation of tolerances or variations in the driveling geometry such that if everything goes in the wrong direction the car has a problem.

You said you noticed it was almost gone when you changed "U" joints but then it came back later. Were you ever sucessful in solving yours?

Bill
Still got mine,I haven't had a lot of play time we just added a Turbine at the plant we are making our own juice now saving the plant mucho money it's about lined out now so I'll be having alot more time to play with the Vette now. the world will know when I solve it. I'm glad yours is better catch you later

It's the same tire just a newer design. I also heard that they are discontinuing them, how true it is I don't know. I'm getting My new set of 4 mounted and balanced tomorrow.

It's the same tire just a newer design. I also heard that they are discontinuing them, how true it is I don't know. I'm getting My new set of 4 mounted and balanced tomorrow.

I've heard the same thing too, it might be related to a particular size but better safe than sorry, I'm gonna order 4 I guess.

Thanks

Mine say "Firehawk indy 500" - there's so much white that I was worried about the look, but I get a lot of compliments. I'm actually thinking about getting 4 new ones to put away since I read they're gonna be discontinued. The ride/handling is a LOT better than the GoodYear's that were on it when I bought it.

Well, I Got them mounted and balanced today and put them on the car as soon as I got home tonight. They look great and ride and handle really nice. No rubbing issues with the 255's in the front at all and they really fill up the wheel wells nicely both front and rear. My next step now is finding a good shop in my area that knows how to align Corvettes properly. I've got it pretty much in the ballpark by myself I think since doing the front and rear suspension rebuild.

I'm sure you'll like them, I've had them on mine for about 3 years and they handle pretty good. They're a little slippery on a wet road but I don't drive in the rain much.

I get comments on mine too as JJS said.

I had two Firestone dealers tell me that the entire line of Firehawk Indy 500 tires is going bye-bye. I just took the entire set (w/only 4000 miles) off my car and replaced with 18" wheels and tires. Anyone need a set of factory alum. slots and tires? :DArt

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom