Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

First C6 oil change

Dad

Corvette
15Gray/8sp 72Blk/Blk4Spd 64Red/Red/Wht4spd
Now I'm going to get picky. Has anyone noticed that the Corvette still uses the PF44 ACDelco oil filter? If you try to buy a PF44 they are nowhere to be found. Could it be that the PF44 was replaced by the PF46 two years ago. If you go to their site http://www.acdelco.com/html/catalog/index.htm and search they only show PF44 used on 20 2004 trucks. I think this is a page they forgot to delete. If you do a search for PF46 you get 16 pages of 378 cars and trucks from 2005 to 1975. Not a big deal but how old is the PF44 they put on my new C6? ;) :eyerole

One last bit that irks me, no magnetic oil drain plug. Is there a reason that my then new 2002 Astro van came with a magnetic plug and the last 3 new Corvettes did not? The hex changed from 15 MM to 13 MM but otherwise it is still the same thread and sealed in the same manner.

Mine had a PF 44 as well. I thought it was kinda odd.

Thats not picky Dad! Good question. Also, I guess its gonna be a call to Mid-America or someone else to get that plug.

GM magnetic plug number 88891787 and cost $1.61, I bought a bag of 5 and have been putting them in any GM car I service.

Dad said:
Now I'm going to get picky. Has anyone noticed that the Corvette still uses the PF44 ACDelco oil filter? If you try to buy a PF44 they are nowhere to be found. Could it be that the PF44 was replaced by the PF46 two years ago. If you go to their site http://www.acdelco.com/html/catalog/index.htm and search they only show PF44 used on 20 2004 trucks. I think this is a page they forgot to delete. If you do a search for PF46 you get 16 pages of 378 cars and trucks from 2005 to 1975. Not a big deal but how old is the PF44 they put on my new C6? ;) :eyerole

One last bit that irks me, no magnetic oil drain plug. Is there a reason that my then new 2002 Astro van came with a magnetic plug and the last 3 new Corvettes did not? The hex changed from 15 MM to 13 MM but otherwise it is still the same thread and sealed in the same manner.
the engine factory must have a BIG supply of PF44s

I haven't done my own oil change yet, but the wife won a free change from Pepples and I let them change it on my C-5 of course I provided the oil and filter.:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom