Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

First Corvette a Crisis.

She sounds like my wife. In December she said that it was time for me to start looking for my Vette.

Got mine at 55 - and now I'm 58 - a great treat - not a crisis. The only crisis is when it goes into storage for winter - only three weeks to wait:W

Crisis? No, just a smart move to get a very enjoyable car! I've had numerous sports cars and many motorcycles, but didn't buy my first Corvette until I was 57...slow learner!! Since the first C4, I got a '94 C4 coupe and then @ 2 weeks after Labor Day '06 I found my C5. The dramatic improvement over a C4 was instantly apparent and after a week+ of "negotiating" a deal was reached.

Despite 2 neck operations since then and a l-o-n-g Midwest Winter my C5 has over 3500 miles more on her now. The car is just very enjoyable to drive, especially on curvy, 2 lane back roads and her new Bilsteins made her more so.
So welcome, enjoy that C5! DFO :)

Congrats::::::: Most of us old Geezers can finally afford a Vette now that the Kids are finally out of our wallets. God after paying tutition from Kindergarden thru College for two or three kids its about time to spend some on yourself...That my Friend is not considered a Crisis:beer

This pretty much says it all. It's not a crisis....just a "coming of age" that we need to adjust to. My wife thought it was a crisis as well, but has come to the realization that it was something that had to be.

Welcome to the fold and enjoy.

Like you, it took my wife to inspire me to buy "our" Corvette. I always was finding ways to not spend the money. Frankly, most of the used ones I was looking at were well below "snuff" and the owners wanted way too much money for what they were really worth.
My wife said "What about that new one in the Chevy dealer's showroom"?

I had never even considered buying a new one. I begged her "Don't ask me again, because I WILL buy it if you don't stop"! She didn't stop, and I went and bought my '04 and have never regretted it for one moment.

Give your wife a kiss for me!:grouphug:

Well I must have the world's greatest husband - in fact I know I do...last June we were just driving down the road and I was saying time to dump the family sedan, at 25,000 miles everything was starting to fall off...we happened by a car lot, he said "go test drive that Corvette, the convertible" and 3 hours later I drove it home! And he STILL hasn't driven it except for around the block, says he likes driving the Tundra just fine!

Like you, it took my wife to inspire me to buy "our" Corvette. I always was finding ways to not spend the money. Frankly, most of the used ones I was looking at were well below "snuff" and the owners wanted way too much money for what they were really worth.
My wife said "What about that new one in the Chevy dealer's showroom"?

I had never even considered buying a new one. I begged her "Don't ask me again, because I WILL buy it if you don't stop"! She didn't stop, and I went and bought my '04 and have never regretted it for one moment.

Give your wife a kiss for me!:grouphug:

:w Hot dang! She's a keeper!! It is wonderful when you do not have to ask permission or have to live in the doghouse after you beg forgiveness...enjoy both the Vette and the lady! :)

Oh, I AM enjoying them both!!:drool:

I've been her mate for 6 years and her husband for almost 4 years, and I've owned the Vette for 3 years.

Life just keeps getting better and better!!!:upthumbs

PURE JOY.........

Like many of you, I'm sure, I often heard the term "mid life crisis" jokingly used by friends and co-workers when they found out I had bought a ....CORVETTE!! Most of the time...it was meant in a friendly manner, and everyone would laugh and joke about it, including myself!! :L :L

Then there were times........when it just didn't sound like it was being said in enough of a joking manner, to hide the "jealously" that was just below the surface!

On those very rare occasions, I used to really enjoy twisting the knife by replying, "It wasn't any crisis.....it was a pure joy, and the realization of a life long dream!!"
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Save the Wave........
:beer :beer

I bought my first Vette 30 years ago and my wife then thought it was a crisis. She just didn't get it. That's why she is my EX.

:L

Good one!

On those very rare occasions, I used to really enjoy twisting the knife by replying, "It wasn't any crisis.....it was a pure joy, and the realization of a life long dream!!"
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Save the Wave........
:beer :beer
I love your comment! I think it is the best way make some people think about what their dreams are.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom