Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

First Look: 2014 Corvette C7.R!

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
The 2014 Corvette C7.R race car made a surprise appearance yesterday at the 2013 Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance. Corvette Racing's, Tommy Milner took the race car for a few laps around Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.

Image Credit: Copyright 2013 Drew Phillips / AOL

Attachments

• 2014-chevrolet-corvette-c7-r-race-car_100437061_l.jpg
    2014-chevrolet-corvette-c7-r-race-car_100437061_l.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 465
  • 2014-chevrolet-corvette-c7-r-race-car_100437062_l.jpg
    2014-chevrolet-corvette-c7-r-race-car_100437062_l.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 393
  • 2014-chevrolet-corvette-c7-r-race-car_100437063_l.jpg
    2014-chevrolet-corvette-c7-r-race-car_100437063_l.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 400
  • 2014-chevrolet-corvette-c7-r-race-car_100437064_l.jpg
    2014-chevrolet-corvette-c7-r-race-car_100437064_l.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 369
  • l(1).jpg
    l(1).jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 402
  • l(2).jpg
    l(2).jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 306
  • l(3).jpg
    l(3).jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 309
  • l(4).jpg
    l(4).jpg
    114 KB · Views: 339
I've got a friend there and he said they did a few laps and then hid away in tent. I guess the mystery continues.

It's called promoting the buzz. Oodles of print and pictures at no cost to GM. We all know there is no real reason to tote the car all the way to the west coast to do laps. That's why the PR guys make the big bucks.:L

Well it's a nice update for the C7 but I think GM's painting themselves into a corner with all hype before they get into production. I see there's a nice set of stripes available for order? As if the ride needs any more pizzazz. Two more weeks left in August, the stated month of initial production. And we're still looking for a Nordschleife lap time :thumb

I'm I missing the air intakes on top of the rear fenders on the C7.R?

I'm I missing the air intakes on top of the rear fenders on the C7.R?

Good spot!!!
They are most likely not adequate to cool the diff and trans and probably are located under the car. IMO I don't like them anyway and is one reason I prefer the convertible.

It's hard to tell with the deceptive paint scheme but I thought the body would be more different than it appears.

paint

The 2014 Corvette C7.R race car made a surprise appearance yesterday at the 2013 Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance. Corvette Racing's, Tommy Milner took the race car for a few laps around Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.

Image Credit: Copyright 2013 Drew Phillips / AOL

Maybe I'm nuts but I actually like that paint scheme.

Good spot!!!
They are most likely not adequate to cool the diff and trans and probably are located under the car. IMO I don't like them anyway and is one reason I prefer the convertible.

It's hard to tell with the deceptive paint scheme but I thought the body would be more different than it appears.

We've seen the press stuff with the Corvette Racing folks standing next to the C7 with the C6.R beside it and pointing to the cooling vents on the top of the rear fenders on each and saying out the C7 evolved thanks to racing. Then I see this C7.R and it ain't got those cooling vents on top of the rear fenders. WTF over?

Body difference: Take another look at the picture of the rear of the car and note the size of the cove vent behind the front wheel - it's huge!

split window

We've seen the press stuff with the Corvette Racing folks standing next to the C7 with the C6.R beside it and pointing to the cooling vents on the top of the rear fenders on each and saying out the C7 evolved thanks to racing. Then I see this C7.R and it ain't got those cooling vents on top of the rear fenders. WTF over?

Body difference: Take another look at the picture of the rear of the car and note the size of the cove vent behind the front wheel - it's huge!

The earlier drawings I saw of the C7 showed it with a split window. I guess they went away from that idea?

That's the first thing I noticed... they are HUGE! (Still don't like the tail lights and ass end).

That's the first thing I noticed... they are HUGE! (Still don't like the tail lights and ass end).

Zoom in on the front of the rear fenders - there's a scoop there that's similar to the C6 brake scoops on the Z's only bigger. Maybe they're big enough to cool the brakes, diff, and trans instead of using the top fender scoop.

Rear end - you'll get used to it.

With the lighter weight C7, I guess IMSA will have to impose even heavier ballast requirements on Corvette Racing in order to give the competition a chance.

The current C6.R carries an additional 66 lbs of weight to help "level the playing field."

Total BS. Whatever happened to the "run what you brung" philosophy? Not PC enough?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom