Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

First pics of LeMay '53

Barn53

Corvette
Got my nephew to show me how to post a picture. Let's see if I can do it. First one is the driver side hinge cover.

[imhttp://i878.photobucket.com/albums/ab346/PoorFarmJim/53%20Vette%20Photos/th_DSC00014.jpgg][/img]

This should be the back side of same piece.

th_DSC00015.jpg

Now the passenger side.

th_DSC00017.jpg

This should be the headlight bucket and ring w/38 stamped on both pieces. Notice the 8 on the rim is double struck. These numbers are about a third the size of the 51 stamped on the other bucket.

th_DSC00012.jpg

The other bucket with 51 stamped in. Almost looks like it was cast in. Trim ring is not the original, so no stamp.

th_DSC00009-1.jpg

Thank you Russ, what do I have to do or not do to get the full size pictures?

Jim-

I am not a photobucket user, so I cannot tell you exactly what to do differently. But I can give you some basic information that should allow you to post your larger pics.

When you post a picture to a photo site, the site automatically creates a small thumbnail of the picture. When you open your photobucket page and see 20 small pics, you are really seeing the 20 thumbnails that the site created of your pics. When you click on a thumbnail, your full size pic appears. Using thumbnails allows webpages to open much more quickly.

Thus, when you want to post a pic to this chat group, you need to open and then copy the web address of the full size picture stored at photobucket.

There is an easy way to tell on photobucket if you have copied the thumbnail address or the full size pic address. The thumbnail address contains an extra "th_" in it. For example, here is the web address of one of the pics you added (note the "th_DSC00015.jpg") :

http://i878.photobucket.com/albums/ab346/PoorFarmJim/53%20Vette%20Photos/th_DSC00015.jpg

The full size pic is at the web address (note the missing "th_"):

http://i878.photobucket.com/albums/ab346/PoorFarmJim/53%20Vette%20Photos/DSC00015.jpg

When you upload a picture to photobucket (say DSC00018.jpg), photobucket automatically adds "th_" in front of the thumbnail file name (resulting in the thumbnail having the file name th_DSC00018.jpg in my example)

The best way to post a full size pic is to copy the web address of the full size pic directly - that probably means you have to click on the thumbnail pic on photobucket to open the full size pic. And then you copy the address when the full size pic is open on your web browser.

Or, if you copy the web address of a thumbnail by accident, you can just delete the "th_" from the web address. Deleting the "th_" will leave you with the web address to your full size pic.

Hope this helps. If not, maybe I can walk you thru it by phone.

Russ

Thanks tons for helping me, Russ. They say the proof of the pudding is in the taste, let's see if I'll be eating dessert.

DSC00018.jpg

Jim, you have a very early built body, for sure. Did you say it was #144? That would put the hinge covers on a later car than I would have thought. Really neat. Until I inspected the real #029, I had never seen that style cover. I painted #035 a few years ago and it had the most common hinge covers.

Brett, the frame is #144, I'm trying to get a handle on a possible range of numbers for the body. What parts of the body would you fellas like to see pictures of? I can tell you one thing, in the pictures in "Vette Vues" #29 had a hand laid cloth gas tank cover, but my car has a vacuum bag molded piece. Also, on my car that piece that forms the last third of the spare tire well is vaccum bag molded. I think most every major piece is hand laid cloth.

Jim

Brett, the frame is #144, I'm trying to get a handle on a possible range of numbers for the body. What parts of the body would you fellas like to see pictures of? I can tell you one thing, in the pictures in "Vette Vues" #29 had a hand laid cloth gas tank cover, but my car has a vacuum bag molded piece. Also, on my car that piece that forms the last third of the spare tire well is vaccum bag molded. I think most every major piece is hand laid cloth.

Jim

I'd like to see a pic of the trunk wall where the hinge towers are mounted. That will tell if it is below 160. I suspect that it is. You may want to delete the hinge cover pics so no one will try to duplicate them and claim they have an early car.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom