Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

First Pictures of My Car Being Painted

urathane or tru-flex ?

bob
great pictures,just to bad you have to tie the car up for this long,when the weather is so nice for the summer.
by the way, i noticed your bumpers are off,are you going to replace them with
tru-flex or keep the same urthane bumpers
carmen

Carmen,

There are two times of the year to paint your car in the south. The dead of Winter and the middle of the Summer (can you say hot and humid). I tried to paint it last Winter but had a mechanical problem that prevented me from doing it this past Winter.

As long as I get the car back by October I'll be very happy.

I did go with the true-flex front and back.

Bob

I've looked at these pictures for two days...and I still don't see any paint...is it MY browser? ;)

I'll be there Thursday. Got my room and flight reservations. I drove up last year in a C4 and it was too long of a drive. The C3 would probably kill me. :L

I'm assuming by your post that your coming. When will you arrive and where will you be staying? I'll be at the Harrisburg West Holiday Inn.

ok bob

now i understand, i also will be going with the tru- flex bumpers
front and back.
thanks
carmen

I can see Bob flying through the twisties of the Tail of the Dragon now! We'll never be able to keep up with him.
Heidi

Bob Chadwick said:
Carmen,

There are two times of the year to paint your car in the south. The dead of Winter and the middle of the Summer (can you say hot and humid).

I have both those seasons covered. ;LOL

I dropped my '65 off at the paint shop early last Sept and after 10 months it's finally almost done. Without A/C in that car I don't think there will be much use on it once it's back home unless this heat and humidity we've had lately breaks.

yes, that's the way to go. if you like the stripes, then clear over them, they'll shine like the rest of the car, and won't come off. 3M makes about every color you could need for vinyl stripes, including chrome if you so desire.

Did he Bead Blast it down to the glass? My paint guy said my 84' needs it all taken off and start from scratch...BTW...What did they charge you?..I was quoted $4,000.00

Lookin good Bob, can't wait to see it finished.

Very nice progress Bob! It almost looks like mine right now. hehe Yours will look very nice with the new paint!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom