Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

First Pictures of My Car Being Painted

I suggest that if you put stripes on it ,,,you should have them painted on with the same type of paint thats on the car ,,,,then clearcoat the entire car....
but it will look good no matter what because its a VETTE
Mike R

CAJUN C4 said:
Did he Bead Blast it down to the glass? My paint guy said my 84' needs it all taken off and start from scratch...BTW...What did they charge you?..I was quoted $4,000.00

$4000 for striping/bead blasting and Paint? If so, I on my way!

Stripes??? Two tone??? Who in their right mind would EVER consider a white on blue paint scheme?!?!? :puke
Where's your sense of decency man?!?!
:D

I'll be curious to know the fit and finish of your tru-flex. I've heard good and bad. My personal experience was bad. I tried a front Tru-Flex and it was crap. I ended up staying with my original front, reconditioning it, and going with an OEM urethane rear. For the rear, I kinda wish now I had gone with fiberglass and had it smoothed in for no seams. But oh well...

I know the anticipation you have. It's awesome when you first set eyes on the new paint!

Evolution1980 said:
Stripes??? Two tone??? Who in their right mind would EVER consider a white on blue paint scheme?!?!? :puke
Where's your sense of decency man?!?!
:D

I know, I know. Blue and white looks like crap.

image.php

Paintdaddy hasn't said anything about the fit and finish on the tru-flex. I asked him before I bought them. We'll see.

I met with him this morning at the frameshop and delivered a 96 that I am doing.He will be painting it. He said he shot some BLUE paint this morning .

Any pics to post on this? Always good to see freshly painted vettes.

NIIIIICE..... I know the feeling!!! Wait until you see it in person for the first time. The smile that is going to cross your face will be pushing your ears out of the way! :D :D
...and you'll never drive the car more carefully than when you drive it home from the shop.

Looks sweet!!! :drool:

That is going to look awesome. The last pic looks like a mirror!! Very cool. Can't wait to see more pics of it out in the sunshine.

very nice,like the color of the blue as well! almost like christmas morning when you see the old girl have color again!!!

bill and gail :w

Bob,

Me thinks you will be extremely happy with the finished version. Me also thinks you chose a TRUE CRAFTSMAN to do the work ;)

It looks like a TROPHY collector to me :D ;)

Bud

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom