Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

First post as a C5 owner.....

Toms007

Corvette
2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
Well, I left home this morning at 4am, drove 460 miles down to Albuquerque, traded the 94 for a Mag Red II 2001 coupe and drove home. A total of 930 miles today.

It was a little hard to leave the 94 but, the Mag Red is beautiful and drives like a dream. She has 69K on the clock and isn't perfect, but nothing that I can't fix or live with. New tires are in order, and it has the gas gauge issue (where it gets down to about 1/4 tank she drops to nothing).

I went down by way of Guymon, Oklahoma, through Dalhart,Texas and Tucumcari New Mexico and across on I40. I came home on I25 north to Trinadad, CO and cut catty-wampus across to La Junta on US350 and then back on US50.

Coming back up I25, just going with the flow of traffic (between 80-85mph) this car was getting, this is the average MPG, 28.1. Then once I slowed down coming across US350 and US50 (about 70-71mph) it dropped down to 27.3. This really surprised me, obviously the sweet spot for this car is around 80...too bad I can't drive at that speed all the time. :D

I must admit, I'm beat, 13 and 1/2 hours on the road today. I did take a couple of pictures.

Here are the two siblings...
NewCorvette002.jpg

And a couple after I got home..
NewCorvette004.jpg

NewCorvette006.jpg

I'm headed for bed.....

Makes you sad to see the old one go but happy to have the new one.. weird huh

Congrats Tom! I miss my '89, but I haven't regretted to move to the 2004 at all. You'll love it! That Magnetic Red is sweet, huh? :thumb

:thumb Tom,

I really liked your 94 and you kept it in fantastic condition! Someone will be getting a very nice 94 when they get your "Old" Corvette :D

Your "New" 01 couldn't have found a better owner and home :dance I bet all those "little bugs" you mentioned will be gone by the end of May, I just got this feeling :D

Now I have to remember... tom94 is really tom01 Enjoy the :Steer

Bud

Tom,

Congratulations!! Love that Mag Red!

Elaine

Tom,
Great choice of...(ahem) color! Glad to see the wife and I aren't the only ones that found it appealing. Have a great time with her!
Rick

Well, I left home this morning at 4am, drove 460 miles down to Albuquerque, traded the 94 for a Mag Red II 2001 coupe and drove home. A total of 930 miles today...

Tom- that is a serious haul! Glad the trip went well and you made it safely back home.
:upthumbs

I drove more from Manhattan KS to Farmington NM more than a couple of times when I was stationed at Ft Riley. We would head through Colorado via I-70 and then cut through Wold Creek Pass. Farmington is three hours from Farmington. I don't blame you for taking I-25 / I-40- that is probably the best way to go to ABQ.

The back roads can be treacherous coming through the border of NM and CO- although they are beautiful. They kinda remind me of the Tail of the Dragon through the mountains of NC but much steeper.

Bud, I suppose that I ought to be thinking about a name change...Just not sure which way to go Toms01 probably makes sense. With a name change I don't loose all my stats do I?

rch105, Rosie likes the color better in person, than in the pictures, she was really surprised "It's much darker than I thought it would be."

Kane, Yea there are some nice roads in that area, not exactly ToD material, but as you said much steeper. In reality, the 94's sport seats "hug" you a bit more than the 01s, but all in all both were very comfortable drives. I told Rosie "If I get tired I'll stop and get a motel room," I was so hyped, I didn't think of being tired until after I was home.....:D

jr3, I don't know if I really like the BSMs, I just haven't decided. I really like the clean looks without them.....time will tell.

I'm still amazed that it did better on gas doing 80 than it did at 70.

Today, even though it's cold and kind of nasty, it's getting the clay bar, buff and polish treatment. I have most of it clayed already, found a few marks and small scratches that I am going to work on, and then get a few coats of Zaino on it. Thanks to all who have replied, I'll think it's a keeper.

Bud, I suppose that I ought to be thinking about a name change...Just not sure which way to go Toms01 probably makes sense. With a name change I don't loose all my stats do I?...

You could go with "Tom_" (insert last initial in the blank). Perhaps "TomShark" or "Tom'sVette".

When I sold my '80 and changed my screen name to a variation on my last name.

Lots of us have changed names to reflect current situations etc. Does nothing to stats.

Hey, Tom- Congrats on the upgrade! I think you'll really come to appreciate the C5 in all sorts of ways.

(I can't believe you were in the neighborhood like that and didn't stop by! :chuckle )

You could go with TomsC5, Toms01, TomKan... just to name a few.

If you're seriously thinking about a change, start a thread asking for suggestions. :cool

Best one I remember was when Bill changed to HoosierDaddy from that tremendously looooooooong original name he had. :chuckle

:w

Congratulations, Tom! That is one good looking C5! I know you will enjoy it!

:w Stew

P.S. I kept my forum name as is when I sold my '94...maybe we should both start thinking up new ones!

:beer Also went from a '94 Torch Red to an '01 Torch Red. '01 was a year-old lease return made in Sept 00. Bought it in Sept 01 so it was a current year used car. Glad I didn't take the initial depreciation on it.

Welcome to the C5:w

Traitor! Coward!

So. You post in the C5 section to tell them you've arrived but not in the C4 section to tell us you've left. Nice!;)

I guess at your age, it was just getting to hard to get in and out over that door sill. What's that? It was too hard for Rose. Sure blame it on the wife!

Seriously. The new kid looks awesome. I'm sure you will have it tip top in no time. Did you buy it sight unseen until you went down to pick it up?

From experience :the c4 was a great series and the C5 is just fantastic .Congratulations and I'm happy for you :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom