Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

First Ride Of Spring

hdkeno

Corvette
2005 Victory Red coupe
I know,it isnt officially Spring yet,especially here in the Northeast,but we recently had a deluge of heavy rain (more coming tonight and Saturday)

which washed any salt residue of the main roads,and the snow is basically gone,for the time being.

I got out of work early today,and took the old girl out for a spin on the highway,after a 4 month hiatus,to get the cobwebs out and the fluids warmed up.

Temps in the upper forties actually low 50's some cloud cover roads dry and bare.

I took her for a round trip spin for a stetch,about 20 miles,and when I got her home,gave her a little dose of Adams great car care products,and parked her back safely in the garage.

Ah,great therapy,and harbinger of better days ahead,and car shows,cruise nights,and just some weekend drives.

Anybody in snow country had thier vettes out yet?

Ken:beer

I know,it isnt officially Spring yet,especially here in the Northeast,but we recently had a deluge of heavy rain (more coming tonight and Saturday)

which washed any salt residue of the main roads,and the snow is basically gone,for the time being.

I got out of work early today,and took the old girl out for a spin on the highway,after a 4 month hiatus,to get the cobwebs out and the fluids warmed up.

Temps in the upper forties actually low 50's some cloud cover roads dry and bare.

I took her for a round trip spin for a stetch,about 20 miles,and when I got her home,gave her a little dose of Adams great car care products,and parked her back safely in the garage.

Ah,great therapy,and harbinger of better days ahead,and car shows,cruise nights,and just some weekend drives.

Me too Took mine out yesterday. Felt sooooo good it was sunny and warm 66*. We really enjoyed it. BUTTTTT today Snow, Rain, Ice and Sleet. Get ready sent it your way. 5" on the ground and 3-6 more coming.

Hope you didn't or don't get what we got. ugh. Freezing rain on the snow and now a solid 3" of ice everywhere.....

Hope you didn't or don't get what we got. ugh. Freezing rain on the snow and now a solid 3" of ice everywhere.....

We lucked out on this one. CT is on the warm side so we are getting all rain,which we dont need more of.:(

Ken

Had mine out last Sunday for a nice drive.

This afternoon....just finished shoveling 8 inches off the driveway.

Frank

It is offical. 17" on the ground and another 3" to 7" on the way. Can't shovel or snow bolw it off the drive. Frozen and heavy.

Can't believe it. All the salt was washed off and 66* two days ago. Now the bigest snow fall on record for Youngstown, Ohio.

Still snowed in here in the mountains; could get out, but the vette would be a mess. In town the streets may be clear, but the magnesium chloride is still on the streets. I am hoping to get one of mine out the first week in April.
Barrett

Gesh, Winter for us in Maryland has been fairly non-existent. Windy storm today with a little bit of hail. I've had the Vette out as well. Sure does feel good. I actually started to break the Vette down today for Spring project.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom