Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

first time since I built the car I had the soft top up....photos

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
IMG_9524aMedium-vi.jpg

IMG_9505aMedium-vi.jpg

Looks great Herb, but I prefer the top down as I am sure you do. Tops are for driving in the rain and colder weather.
Hows the SWC project coming?
Barrett

A bunch of wrikles from being folded so long, Probably nothing a day in the sun cant fix.

Can you belive its almost time for Carlilse again
Larry, we are going, we hope to see you there.....

Looks great Herb, but I prefer the top down as I am sure you do. Tops are for driving in the rain and colder weather.
Barrett
well, it got stalled out because I have too many projects going....

First we went on the Hot Rod Power Tour and in getting ready for that we were going to take the '37 Ford w/502 supercharger, only for me the weekend before to take it out and blow the head gasket...so no go. Then I decided to take the '64 but it had carb problems that I got sorted out right before we left....

Then of course I am adjusting the '60 and decided to put a new steering column in it that is about 1" shorter in the interior (need the room for my belly).....and then I also bought a power brake set up for the 60 that needs to go in....

And I called the body shop that did my 60 and found out they were real slow and were going to lay some guys off, so I worked a deal with them to take my other '63 in for a paint job....here is that car...and of course when I got it back we had to hang the trim and stuff on it ASAP because I was taking it and the 60 to the Super Chevy Show at Norwalk dragway this past weekend....

IMG_7292Small-vi.jpg

IMG_7302Small-vi.jpg

IMG_9594Small-vi.jpg

IMG_9584Small-vi.jpg

IMG_9601Small-vi.jpg

IMG_9621Small-vi.jpg

IMG_9612Small-vi.jpg

and that brings us to the other '63SWC....that one is sitting where I left it after getting the tub done. I had cut out the top of the trans tunnel and I need to drop the motor with tranny in place to check for clearances and get the top of it bonded back in place.....

I am violating Sharon's rule, one project at a time.....about 5 running at the same time. I am soon to get back on the 63SWC, but over the 4th of July we need to pull the motor out of the 37 and get it worked over as well as I need to figure out a more efficient cooling set up than the one that the car came with...here is that car...
IMG_1894Small-vi.jpg

and the motor shoe horned into the car...
IMG_1898Small-vi.jpg

so other than work getting in my way I have my hands full.........

stay tuned....

Herb

Barrett
I had to put the top up for Super Chevy Show judging, they consider the top part of the interior and if you dont have it up, you take some points deduction. I was worried aabout the fresh restoration of a triple black 66 427/435 sitting right next to mine who had their soft top up, so up went my top.....

But I will tell you that there is nothing like that RED 60 that draws women to it like honey for bees.....they would walk right by that triple black car and make a bee line straight to the RED 60. They would ask their significant other to take their photo with my car....heck I even asked some of them if they wanted to get their photo sitting in the car....you would have thought I just handed them diamonds....it was really fun to watch....

And of course to watch the guys start to walk buy and then come back and stare at the motor and that intake set up I have....too funny.....
GS8J2130mSmall-vi.jpg

Your 60 looks great with top up or down. :w

Thanks for the update on the SWC. Red is absolutely my favorite color in corvettes and all my other vehicles.
Barrett

Thanks for the update on the SWC. Red is absolutely my favorite color in corvettes and all my other vehicles.
Barrett
mine too...got a RED Turbo Diesel Bug, RED GMC pickup, RED car trailer and of course the RED garden tractor!;LOL

Herb, thanks for posting the update and photos. It's always a pleasure to view your cars in the various stages of restoration or just being freshened up. I'm envious (no offense intended!).

When I grow up I want to be like you. :L
:wJane Ann

Herb, thanks for posting the update and photos. It's always a pleasure to view your cars in the various stages of restoration or just being freshened up. I'm envious (no offense intended!).

When I grow up I want to be like you. :L
:wJane Ann
I would like to just grow up....Sharon wants to get me a t shirt that says..."still plays with cars"

I would like to just grow up....Sharon wants to get me a t shirt that says..."still plays with cars"
:L

Slight thread detour:

I understand. Several years back, I came down with Chicken Pox at the ripe old age of 31 years. Two of my sisters (the twins) were discussing my situation and it went something like this:

Twin #1: She must be having a return to childhood.

Twin #2: More likely she never left it.

Hardy har har.;squint:

Slight thread detour:

I understand. Several years back, I came down with Chicken Pox at the ripe old age of 31 years. Two of my sisters (the twins) were discussing my situation and it went something like this:

Twin #1: She must be having a return to childhood.

Twin #2: More likely she never left it.

Hardy har har.;squint:

take us out and shoot us when we do leave it....won't life be boring!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom