Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Five Bongs

NC2Stay

Corvette
1995 Coupe, Torch Red, 6-speed, chrome sawblades
OK. Laugh at me if you want. I have had my Vette for almost two years now, but just noticed this. Maybe it just started happening, maybe it's associated with our colder weather right now. Anyhow...

When I first start the car, I hear 5 "bong" or chime sounds. There are no lights or indicators on. I can't find anything in the manual.

What does this mean?

Bob

NC2Stay said:
....When I first start the car, I hear 5 "bong" or chime sounds. What does this mean?

Sounds like your seat belt warning is working again.... buckle-up before you start the vette, and see if they still 'play'.

6speeder said:
Sounds like your seat belt warning is working again.... buckle-up before you start the vette, and see if they still 'play'.

That's what it is. Those chimes are normal. Most of the time I start my car before I have my seat belt on. Especially in the winter.

Thanks!

NC2Stay said:
OK. Laugh at me if you want. I have had my Vette for almost two years now, but just noticed this. Maybe it just started happening, maybe it's associated with our colder weather right now. Anyhow...

When I first start the car, I hear 5 "bong" or chime sounds. There are no lights or indicators on. I can't find anything in the manual.

What does this mean?

Bob

Funny..., mine will occasionally work when the weather is freezing cold. I was told I need a new tone generator. Yeah, like I'm gonna have some tech diggin' into the dash just to replace that thing. I'm holding off until I get a Bose Gold stereo with the CD to replace the stock one that just has the cassette.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom