Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

floor dimmer switch vs. carpet question

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
Can I get a couple of you with floor mounted dimmer switches to take a look at your car and tell me how your carpet does/does not go around the plastic pedal cover for the dimmer switch.

In other words, does the carpet cover the whole assembly, or is it trimmed around it, and or under it?

Thanks!

The switch is under the carpet. Believe that in 68 it was just the carpet over the switch and then they added a rubber "pad" to the carpet that was positioned over the switch.

tom...

Dimmer Switch

Chris,

In my 69, it's just like Tom said. The dimmer switch is under a rubber pad which is part of the carpet.

Thank You! That is how I have it now, but was not 100% sure it should be that way. The carpet kit came with more carpet than I needed, so there was much trimming here and there. I still have to trim as my Painless Wire Harness fuse panel is slightly covered by a corner of the pad.

Thanks again!

My '75 is the same way, no padding between the carpet and the switch....

Chris,

Tom has it right, the reason they put the pad in is because the switch would end up tearing a hole in the carpet over time.

You can use anything flat to lay over the switch.

Rick

Thanks. I have the plastic pedal cover over the switch in place. I need to trim down the carpet and did not want to over trim it.

You guys are great!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom