Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

FOB Problems

C

c5corvtman

I hope someone can help out. Here is the problem. A few weeks back, I replaced my battery. Followed the instructions in the owners manual of Resynz the FOB. It would hold the synz for a few days and I would have to do it over again. I followed every instruction in the manual on everything dealing with the FOB but it still lost its snyz. Sometimes it would hold for a few days and sometimes only for a few hours. I cleaned the terminal post inside the FOB, cleaned the battery, clean everything I can think of, but nothing will hold. Maybe I got a bad battery, or maybe my FOB is going bad. How much does a new FOB cost?

I have had the same problem for over a year. There are a couple of other old threads on the problem on this forum but no solution. My delear checked out the FOB and says it is ok. They also took a quick look at the problem but found no solution. My car is a 97 coupe. I have changed batteries, gone through many reprogramming sequences and reread all the posts on reprogramming but have not found a solution. Of cource the previous owner had claimed to have never seen the problem until I took ownership of the car.

The only thing which I have found to work most of the time is to use the FOB and lock the car whenever I get out of it, even when it is parked in my garage. For some reason, if I park it, the seat will slide back when I shut it off, but if I do not lock it, when I next get in it, the seat will not return to the previous stored settings.

Look at some of the information I have posted here, straight from the owners manual

Note what this states I would suggest you read slowly throught it (as I myself have had to do this to get an idea of what is being stated)

Press the OPTIONS button until SEAT EASY ENTRY appears on the display, then use the RESET button to page through the following choices:

SEAT EASY ENTRY ON
SEAT EASY ENTRY OFF

If you choose SEAT EASY ENTRY ON, when you turn the ignition off and remove the key, the seat will automatically move back and the telescopic steering wheel (if equipped) will return to its full-forward position for an easy exit or an easy entrance when returning to the vehicle.

The seat will only return to the forward position if you unlock the door with the keyless entry transmitter or press the appropriate MEMORY button.

SEAT EASY ENTRY OFF turns off this option.

Page 2-6, your memory settings will also be recalled when you press the unlock button on the remote keyless entry transmitter, See Memory on page 2-55 for more information.

Your memory settings are now programmed. Any changes that are made to the audio system and climate controls while driving will be automatically stored when the ignition key is turned off.

When first entering your vehicle, after pressing the unlock button on your remote keyless entry transmitter or a MEMORY button, a recall of your settings will occur when the door is closed and the ignition key is in the ignition switch.

A memory recall can be stopped by pressing any memory seat, mirror or steering column position button.

Memory recall will not work if the vehicle is moving. Memory recall will be temporarily interrupted during engine crank. If easy entry is on, you must press the MEMORY button to reset the seat.

FOB

Pseudomind said:
The only thing which I have found to work most of the time is to use the FOB and lock the car whenever I get out of it, even when it is parked in my garage. For some reason, if I park it, the seat will slide back when I shut it off, but if I do not lock it, when I next get in it, the seat will not return to the previous stored settings.

Look at some of the information I have posted here, straight from the owners manual

Note what this states I would suggest you read slowly throught it (as I myself have had to do this to get an idea of what is being stated)

Press the OPTIONS button until SEAT EASY ENTRY appears on the display, then use the RESET button to page through the following choices:

SEAT EASY ENTRY ON
SEAT EASY ENTRY OFF

If you choose SEAT EASY ENTRY ON, when you turn the ignition off and remove the key, the seat will automatically move back and the telescopic steering wheel (if equipped) will return to its full-forward position for an easy exit or an easy entrance when returning to the vehicle.

The seat will only return to the forward position if you unlock the door with the keyless entry transmitter or press the appropriate MEMORY button.

SEAT EASY ENTRY OFF turns off this option.

Page 2-6, your memory settings will also be recalled when you press the unlock button on the remote keyless entry transmitter, See Memory on page 2-55 for more information.

Your memory settings are now programmed. Any changes that are made to the audio system and climate controls while driving will be automatically stored when the ignition key is turned off.

When first entering your vehicle, after pressing the unlock button on your remote keyless entry transmitter or a MEMORY button, a recall of your settings will occur when the door is closed and the ignition key is in the ignition switch.

A memory recall can be stopped by pressing any memory seat, mirror or steering column position button.

Memory recall will not work if the vehicle is moving. Memory recall will be temporarily interrupted during engine crank. If easy entry is on, you must press the MEMORY button to reset the seat.

FOB
I do the same thing...everytime i pull in garage and remove key the seat and steering wheel do their thing. Then I lock the doors and open them using the fob and i usually keep key in console. This way when i get key out and put it in.....magic! everything goes to where it should be...this is a good country for sure !!!!

I have tried this locking routine with the FOB in my garage and it nearly always works unless I crank the engine before it has finished adjusting. Then I have to press the corresponding memory button for it to finish.

c5corvtman, have you had a chance to try any of the procedures posted?

Yes, I did, and nothing.....I think I have just worn out the FOB and need to buy a new one....Nothing worked. So, I just lock my doors, use the key to open and get in. My seat and steering column works fine after I hit the memory button. They both adjust accordingly.

c5corvtman said:
Yes, I did, and nothing.....I think I have just worn out the FOB and need to buy a new one....Nothing worked. So, I just lock my doors, use the key to open and get in. My seat and steering column works fine after I hit the memory button. They both adjust accordingly.

Not trying to insult anyones intelligence here, but, I am guessing that you have adjusted the seat after you get in and have started the motor, then pressed the respective memory button, waited till after the couple of flashes and the momentarily steady lamp above the respective key number button pushed?

Or you FOB could be dead as you say.

Have you tried the reprogramming procedure via the DIC?

HI there,
IT is possible that you have a problem with the remote fob, but I would be more leaning to a receiver than anything else.
This is because of the receiver remembering the sequence, NOT the fob.
If it looses this rolling code, you could have the issue your talking about.
Allthebest, c4c5

I too am having problems with the FOB. It loses sync often. If I set the FOB in the trunk while getting the cover out out, the FOB go out of sync. Then it will not re-sync with the car for several hours even if I remove the FOB battery and reinstall.
Chevy dealer said that the FOB is fine, car is fine. Getting really good at re-syncing silly FOB.

Dave

sailronin said:
I too am having problems with the FOB. It loses sync often. If I set the FOB in the trunk while getting the cover out out, the FOB go out of sync. Then it will not re-sync with the car for several hours even if I remove the FOB battery and reinstall.
Chevy dealer said that the FOB is fine, car is fine. Getting really good at re-syncing silly FOB.

If you habitually drop your fob... you'll eventually ruin it. The sync will last about a day or so.

I have gone through two fobs because they are rather fragile and I can't seem to NOT drop my keys.

Pseudomind said:
Not trying to insult anyones intelligence here, but, I am guessing that you have adjusted the seat after you get in and have started the motor, then pressed the respective memory button, waited till after the couple of flashes and the momentarily steady lamp above the respective key number button pushed?

Or you FOB could be dead as you say.

Have you tried the reprogramming procedure via the DIC?

No insult taken, and yes, I have done this as well. After attempting several other recommendations, I have came to the conclusion I need to buy me a new FOB.

I too had the same problem, started using the spare FOB and no problem. Suspect the primary FOB being dropped one to many times!

I am not sure if I have a problem with my FOB or my memory. I have everything set up with memory 1. Sometimes, could be 1 hour, could be 1 day, my seat seems to go crazy and tries to put my knees in the steering wheel... Needless to say it seems like the memory has been forgotten and I need to set it all up again. Any idea what this could be? 1999 26000 miles...
Thanks in advance.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom