Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fog Lights not working right

jnj

Corvette
2006 Machine Silver Coupe
Hello all,
Strange situation. With headlights on, or at the first "click" on the stalk my fog lights do not come on. The button LED is lit, the Hi Beams are not on. The 10 amp mini fuse is good, replaced it anyway. Please help.
Regardes to all~
Jeff

I had similar once but it was self induced... The issue was with the passenger side frame rail ground nut under the hood. I removed the grounding nut to clean the connection and did not get it tight enough thus my fogs came on when they wanted. Same as yours, the switch was lit and the fuses and relay were good. I then rechecked the nut and tightened it a little more and probelm solved.

If you check this nut, do not over tighten it or you will break the threaded rod off the frame rail and will have to drill and add a self tappng screw in its place. I would look at this gounding nut first it may be visibly corodded thus a bad connection.

This grounding nut is near the coolant bottle and end end of the hood strut rod. It has many wires going to it and has a connector. The connector too may be corroded thus remove it and inspect.

If the ground is corroded you will want to clean it because it grounds many modules and you will start to see weird messages popping over time.

This issue and grounds are not uncommon for C5's thus why I inspected mine. Mine were clean but again I did not get the nut tight enough when I put it back together.

Thanks,
checked the nut, it's good n tight. Decided to pull one of the bulbs for the heck of it. BLOWN. They are really only a few months old. Other side BLOWN as well. They were the Silverstars. DOes anyone make the 983 in gas or blue?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom